Dems need stunt casting

This is actually a good idea. Dems need to realize with memes and everything that's happened we're not going back to old school style politics. For starters nobody even cares about politicians anymore, except for trekkie types that sit around mesmerized by graphs and meaningless stats still. Dems need a larger than life type, someone like the Rock or Oprah.

Mark Cuban is similar enough personality wise to give Donald a legit challenge. That is a serious answer.

James Woods is the whole package.

You mean James Wood, right? The brilliant literary critic and not the batshit crazy has-been actor? I don't think Wood is eligible, and we've seen the disastrous consequences of putting someone with no experience in office, but he'd certainly be an improvement over what we have.

You mean James Wood, right? The brilliant literary critic and not the batshit crazy has-been actor? I don't think Wood is eligible, and we've seen the disastrous consequences of putting someone with no experience in office, but he'd certainly be an improvement over what we have.

In theory you could have with no experience at all be a massive improvement if they just get semi decent advisers and not just family members.

Also, I would guess Dwayne Johnson has alot better ideas on the health of the country.

Feel after Bush got rocked by Clinton we will see nothing but 8yr terms because of zealots

Dems are at the same spot as Repub after Obama trashed everybody who challenged him

Repubs need to worry because the left will elevate people like the Rock and Hanks to challenge Don Jr .... Its now a pissing contest and this thread proves it ... 3rd edit on my post

Fuck leadership/statecraft

Last edited:
Since being POTUS is half acting and half popularity contest, why not?

They've got old and vanilla, and they can't win with that. Paint dries with more vigor.

They need someone young and dynamic who'll spew all the crazy shit the left wants to hear. That can't be hard to find in Hollywood for example.
Who could they tap for it?

Brad Pitt (don't know where he is politically)?
fe056500093c48e09fd0d2c299a5d7fb.jpg

If they really want a female president, how about Christina Hendricks?
christina-hendricks.jpg

Who could draw the left vote?

If ever that happens the USA will be the first Banana Republic Superpower.

More like a "Potatoe" republic.

You should have elected Dan Potatoe Quayle.

images

In theory you could have with no experience at all be a massive improvement if they just get semi decent advisers and not just family members.

Also, I would guess Dwayne Johnson has alot better ideas on the health of the country.

In theory, yes. But in practice, a totally inexperienced politician is way more likely to not have semi-decent advisers or to not know how to properly appraise them. And then there are political considerations, which make it much harder again. Someone doesn't have to be a lifer to be good (look at Obama, who was one of the most successful presidents ever, or Lincoln), but they have to have a good understanding of how politics works and it helps a lot to have pre-existing relationships with policy experts. For someone who wasn't even targeting a political career (and thus not studying it in a very serious way, if not building experience) to pivot to it and then be an effective president is as unlikely as someone who never played baseball before deciding to quit his 9-to-5 and go be a major leaguer.

There's also the issue of respect for politics. Everyone knows that you can't be a pure idealist and be successful in politics, but people who see it as as all bullshit and corruption are very likely to end being corrupt bullshitters themselves. That's what's happened with Trump, and the consequence has been an unprecedented disaster.

The Rock has more negotiating power in his prehensile eyebrow than Trump does in his whole orange body.

If you SMELLLLLLLLLLLALALALALA, what the future President of The United States, is cookin'.

In theory, yes. But in practice, a totally inexperienced politician is way more likely to not have semi-decent advisers or to not know how to properly appraise them. And then there are political considerations, which make it much harder again. Someone doesn't have to be a lifer to be good (look at Obama, who was one of the most successful presidents ever, or Lincoln), but they have to have a good understanding of how politics works and it helps a lot to have pre-existing relationships with policy experts. For someone who wasn't even targeting a political career (and thus not studying it in a very serious way, if not building experience) to pivot to it and then be an effective president is as unlikely as someone who never played baseball before deciding to quit his 9-to-5 and go be a major leaguer.

There's also the issue of respect for politics. Everyone knows that you can't be a pure idealist and be successful in politics, but people who see it as as all bullshit and corruption are very likely to end being corrupt bullshitters themselves. That's what's happened with Trump, and the consequence has been an unprecedented disaster.

In practice, I'm not seeing how Trump or Reagan were worse than experienced presidents.

Jon stewert could win an election with ease i think. Great speaker funny trusted and respected.

In practice, I'm not seeing how Trump or Reagan were worse than experienced presidents.

Reagan had been governor of the most populous state and the head of a major union so he doesn't belong in this discussion. If you don't see how Trump is worse than any president we've ever had by a large margin, I don't really know what to tell you.

Reagan had been governor of the most populous state and the head of a major union so he doesn't belong in this discussion. If you don't see how Trump is worse than any president we've ever had by a large margin, I don't really know what to tell you.

W. Bush was easily the worst president of my lifetime. What has Trump done to top Bush?

Back