Demographic?

snowolf17

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
so i have been wondering this for awhile, at my gym most of the guys that train are blue collar guys things like electrcians, welders, etc i was just wondering if this is the same at other gyms. I myself am a counselor at treatment facility for troubled youth and a full time student majoring in Psychology and in the pre-med program. (wanna be an orthopedic surgeon) i feel like i am a bit different then the average guy at my gym and i was just curious as to what the demographic at other gyms shakes out to be.

At my gym, we have a lot of people who work at either Microsoft, Starbucks or Boeing

Guess what city I live in, lol

a mix of everything in ours.

a concrete layer, electrician, plumber, investment banker, dean at a local middle school (has a few funny KOB stories), investment banker, realtor, army recruiter, policeman, lawyer, night club manager...

that's just the few people i heard talk about what they do in conversation.

I agree, with the above post. Why does it matter, its a sport for all people from every walk of life.

TS is curious. It doesn't have to make a difference.

Our school is diverse but a majority are professionals. If you look at our school photo, it looks more like a bunch of goofy looking white guys, not a bunch of fighters.

Our school is diverse but a majority are professionals. If you look at our school photo, it looks more like a bunch of goofy looking white guys, not a bunch of fighters.

This is my gym. We have a variety of people, but more or less we're a bunch of goofy looking white guys.

If im curious what color peoples socks are in bjj gyms vs muay thai gyms, does it give me an equally legitimate purpose to make a thread about it?

We have a pretty wide range of people at our fight team/gym

University Students (large portion, city is pretty much supported by the University)
Law/Graduate Students (University has most of the states graduate programs, including the states only law school)
Foresters
Carpenters
Lawyers
Surgeon/Doctor
Business Owners

Hell our head coach has a 4 year degree and runs a few other businesses. Pretty good mix of guys. Really helps when were training to get different views due to different life styles.

If im curious what color peoples socks are in bjj gyms vs muay thai gyms, does it give me an equally legitimate purpose to make a thread about it?

You don't need a purpose to start a thread other than you would like some information or just have a discussion about something. If you're curious as to what color socks people are wearing, go for it.

You don't need a purpose to start a thread other than you would like some information or just have a discussion about something. If you're curious as to what color socks people are wearing, go for it.

Then let us fill the first three pages of the grappling forum with threads asking questions on training clothing differences between gyms. Then let us keep this up for a year. Would you enjoy browsing the Grappling Technique subforum if it were so?

Then let us fill the first three pages of the grappling forum with threads asking questions on training clothing differences between gyms. Then let us keep this up for a year. Would you enjoy browsing the Grappling Technique subforum if it were so?

If there were 3 pages of any kind of thread I'm sure it would be made into a sticky.

I think you're worried about a problem that will never happen. Even at the height of the Ari Bolden/B quick/Eddie Bravo infamy, there weren't 3 pages on the single subject. Its nice of you to police the forum though but maybe you should just leave it up to the mods.

Students and blue collar guys where I train.

Nenetis, feel free to leave the discussion at any time and stop torlling

If there were 3 pages of any kind of thread I'm sure it would be made into a sticky.

I think you're worried about a problem that will never happen. Even at the height of the Ari Bolden/B quick/Eddie Bravo infamy, there weren't 3 pages on the single subject. Its nice of you to police the forum though but maybe you should just leave it up to the mods.

haha win, and the other guy has 9 posts... anyone else smell a troll?

People from different walks of life...most of us in our 20's...white collar...blue collar...a group of cops...Mostly latino and white guys, a couple of girls.

Completely diverse at mine from several doctors, business people, blue collar, students, to broke dicks.

Several LEO (State, Local & Federal), A Doctor, management, college kids, high school kids, Teacher (HS Wrestling Coach), Military, blue collar (trades / sales) & one retired guy.
Statistically it would be LEO followed by Military.

Very diverse. My instructor is a construction superintendent during the day. We have a sheriff's deputy, marine, IT Manager, students and a myriad of other folks. I, myself, am an Operations Manager.

Back