Law Democrats introduce bill to enact term limits for Supreme Court justices

I personally believe every election should come with a no confidence option, if that option wins everyone of that government gets fired and banned from running again. Another election is held later with new candidates than can try again.

Sounds good to me, as long as that applies to every branch of government also.

Get rid of these fucking dinosaurs like Pelosi and McConnell and get some fresh blood in place.

8-16 years (wide range, I know) is more than enough time to make your millions by insider trading, like Paul Pelosi does thanks to Nancy the ghoul.

Speaking of Nancy, did anyone ever realise what giant tits she has? I wonder if Paul got her some implants.

Screenshot-20220727-214658-Gallery.jpg

Lifetime appointments are bullshit. They should make people over the age of 60 pass some kind of mental physical as well so we don’t get more senile 80 year olds making important decisions.

Lifetime appointments are bullshit. They should make people over the age of 60 pass some kind of mental physical as well so we don’t get more senile 80 year olds making important decisions.

The issue with tests is I bet they could be manipulated as needed, or at least appear manipulated enough to kill and confidence in them. If you're having an age limit best just have a hard number.

This bill will not be successful nor is it intended to be successful. It is just Democrats making a spectacle because they know their base is unhappy about the recent supreme court decisions. It's a waste of time when they should be working on something important.

That being said, I would favor term limits and age limits. Term limits are especially needed in congress.

Sounds good to me, as long as that applies to every branch of government also.

Get rid of these fucking dinosaurs like Pelosi and McConnell and get some fresh blood in place.

8-16 years (wide range, I know) is more than enough time to make your millions by insider trading, like Paul Pelosi does thanks to Nancy the ghoul.

Speaking of Nancy, did anyone ever realise what giant tits she has? I wonder if Paul got her some implants.

Screenshot-20220727-214658-Gallery.jpg
80 year old drunk hag and she is still in better shape than most 20-30 years old in the US.

I agree in a general sense, but it's funny at how the two branches of government tasked with voting on such a thing, do not have term limits themselves.

Needless to say, this is not a serious proposal and will go nowhere.
I believe it would be unconstitutional anyway. Lifetime tenure.

I'm all for it but it's a reactionary bill. If the Dems had the power in the courts right now, they would be totally silent. That's a big problem with both parties. It's a good bill it wouldn't be considered if they were in power. If they had any integrity, it would have been proposed while they were in power as a good faith bill.

Can they do the same for politicians? An age limit would be great.

I feel like this should be done via an amendment.

Not a legal expert, but I'd imagine if a bill passed to impose term limits on them, the Supreme Court could just declare it unconstitutional... so probably the only way it could be done is via amendment, which would never happen.

Life time appointments for any position is ridiculous, so prone to abuse and malfeasance

The idea behind it was a life time appointment was supposed to remove them from politics/corruption by making them immune from having to campaign and appease special interests etc.

In reality that's not the case and the nomination of judges is as partisan as ever, especially in recent years.

IMO the supreme court should be de-politicized by having more total judges, but randomly assigning groups of only 3 or 5 to each case, instead of having the entire panel vote on every case. Either that or term limits.

Last edited:
Terms should be all over the board, and there should be no life time appointments.

Wouldn't matter ifi ts Dems the majority or not.

The supreme court itself should be apolitical anyway, but no

"A group of House Democrats introduced a bill on Tuesday to enact term limits for Supreme Court justices, arguing that the move will “restore legitimacy and independence to the nation’s highest court.”

The legislation, titled the Supreme Court Tenure Establishment and Retirement Modernization Act, would authorize the president to nominate Supreme Court justices every two years — in the first and third years after a presidential election. The justices who have been on the court the longest will be moved to senior status first.

If confirmed by the Senate, those individuals would serve a maximum 18 years on the bench. After their tenures are complete, the Supreme Court justices would retire from active service and assume senior status.

Justices on the bench at the time of the bill’s enactment would switch to senior status one by one as justices are confirmed to the bench in the first and third years after a presidential election.

Under senior status, justices will still hold their office on the Supreme Court, which includes official duties and pay. If the number of justices dips below nine at some point — because of a vacancy, disability or disqualification — the justice who most recently attained senior status would serve as the ninth associate justice."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...enact-term-limits-for-supreme-court-justices/

*For some odd reason, this bill was not put forth while Ruth Bader Ginsburg was still alive (or on ice).
I'm all for it. Now do the House and the Senate next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back