Democrats Are Privately Calling Obama "Detached," "Flat Footed," "Incompetent"

I think that the administration will do an admirable job of the VA situation. No sense in firing Gen. Shinsheki until everything is uncovered. Or, is this President Obamas' "Heckuva job Brownie'" <-------- moment? Remember, the FEMA guy?

B-b-b-but he located Osama and killed him! The war on terror is over! Lulz

What do you guys think the president should do about the VA situation? Should it have been prevented?

Oh, and does anyone hold congress at all accountable? Funding was slashed, after all.

I think that the administration will do an admirable job of the VA situation. No sense in firing Gen. Shinsheki until everything is uncovered. Or, is this President Obamas' "Heckuva job Brownie'" <-------- moment? Remember, the FEMA guy?

After six and a half years of doing nothing, and after saying he would do something while campaigning, now indeed would be a good time for Obama to start leading well on -something.-

I'm not so optimistic given the Presidents many failures in leadership and the fact that he said "if this happened" and "if that happened" about some things we know have already happened, thereby you know, making him terribly uniformed as Commander and Chief or else cynically continuing the parade of lies.

The Democrats were not even unloading on him for VA as much as the head in the sand foreign policy

Va funding was cut? Source. I have one that states it was increased 68%

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...act-check-obama-va-funding-increases/9464699/

Also heads should roll over this.

Apparently spending ballooned but there were more wounded veterans.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-05-23/the-graphic-reality-of-the-va-s-funding-woes

Under President Obama's watch the per-patient spending went down. As well, even with Congressional spending, it has been pretty clear to everyone involved that despite President Obama's campaign promises he has been a complete empty suit on everything related to veterans... even in his latest speech when he had a chance to act outraged or pretend things that have happened just "might" have happened to save face. Kind of disgusting really, but at least nobody worthwhile has bought into it.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-05-23/the-graphic-reality-of-the-va-s-funding-woes

Under President Obama's watch the per-patient spending went down. As well, even with Congressional spending, it has been pretty clear to everyone involved that despite President Obama's campaign promises he has been a complete empty suit on everything related to veterans... even in his latest speech when he had a chance to act outraged or pretend things that have happened just "might" have happened to save face. Kind of disgusting really, but at least nobody worthwhile has bought into it.

So is there a reason Bernie Sanders (21 billion for veterans) bill was killed ? Was it a bad bill and why was it killed?

Sounds like it could be what you say with the increase in overall funding but still not a real increase. However I don't think congress cut funding as was stated.

So is there a reason Bernie Sanders (21 billion for veterans) bill was killed ? Was it a bad bill and why was it killed?

Sounds like a lot of questions! The answer to which is: politics without driving aground into red herring territory.

As well, those questions would be better served for President Obama, if Democrats had not informed us he was asleep at the Executive wheel.

Luckily, President Obama did not campaign on it or anything.

Sounds like it could be what you say with the increase in overall funding but still not a real increase. However I don't think congress cut funding as was stated.

You are correct Congress did increase VA funding substantially.

How can anyone call this guy incompetent when we just left an 8 year stint where the biggest donkey of all time was sitting in the white house..

People have short term memory loss they forget the shape the Country was in before President Obama. Not saying President Obama was a great President but he needs to defend his policies more and he needs to talk about anything positive. He needs to get out and shake hands and take selfies. Maybe set up a panel made up of people from all walks of life representing each state in the Country.

Get out of the bubble and talk to people even people that disagree. He tried it with Congress and some Senators and it did not work maybe bring that to the people. Going under bridges and making appearances on the tonight show is not going to work. He needs to show people he cares and is willing to talk.

I love how some people still go with its Bush fault no matter how Obama screws up and after all this time.

I love how some people still go with its Bush fault no matter how Obama screws up and after all this time.

You "love" how something that never happens happens. I think anyone could have foreseen in late 2008 that regardless of who won the election, the next president would preside over rough times economically (and we were already fighting two wars), that the deficit would rise a lot (and fall as the economy recovered), that hacks in the losing party would try to tie those things, that the winning party would point out the inappropriateness of that, and that hacks in the losing party would counter with what you're saying. It's so predictable and stupid, that I can't help being surprised that people are actually playing their preordained roles, even though you could see it coming.

The TS is just another blind hater trying to distract from the stunning success of the ACA and the U.S.'s superior performance in recovering from the GFC (to say nothing of the vast secondary benefits of the ARRA). It's already clear that Obama will go down in history as a great president, and now we're seeing increasingly desperate attacks from the other side in a (too-late) effort to prevent the inevitable.

The TS is just another blind hater trying to distract from the stunning success of the ACA and the U.S.'s superior performance in recovering from the GFC (to say nothing of the vast secondary benefits of the ARRA). It's already clear that Obama will go down in history as a great president, and now we're seeing increasingly desperate attacks from the other side in a (too-late) effort to prevent the inevitable.

Haha ! I nominate Jack Savage to be the next chief strategist for the Democratic Party.

If only all Democrats had the moxie to run on the "stunning success" of Obamacare and the U.S.'s "superior performance" in recovering from the global financial crisis.

You "love" how something that never happens happens. I think anyone could have foreseen in late 2008 that regardless of who won the election, the next president would preside over rough times economically (and we were already fighting two wars), that the deficit would rise a lot (and fall as the economy recovered), that hacks in the losing party would try to tie those things, that the winning party would point out the inappropriateness of that, and that hacks in the losing party would counter with what you're saying. It's so predictable and stupid, that I can't help being surprised that people are actually playing their preordained roles, even though you could see it coming.

Jack I know you are an Obama defender no matter what he does but not everything Obama screws up is Bush's fault.

Time will tell but I don't think Obama will go down as a great president.

Haha ! I nominate Jack Savage to be the next chief strategist for the Democratic Party.

If only all Democrats had the moxie to run on the "stunning success" of Obamacare and the U.S.'s "superior performance" in recovering from the global financial crisis.

Well, it's a fact that healthcare costs have fallen more than projected (which was already a lot), leading to updated CBO projections showing far more long-term debt reduction than expected. It's a fact that enrollment in exchanges exceeded expectations and that the uninsured percentage fell by more than anyone expected. It's a fact that the U.S. has done a better job recovering from the GFC than 90% of developed nations.

You can try to argue that the ACA and ARRA aren't behind those things or you can play the TS's game of "hey, look over there" when the subjects come up, but you can't deny reality.

Jack I know you are an Obama defender no matter what he does but not everything Obama screws up is Bush's fault.

This is a short sentence, but it contains a lie, and a major strawman. No one has ever said that "everything (or anything) Obama screws up is Bush's fault." Seriously, if you have any integrity, point to one person saying that ever. And why do you feel the need to lie here?

Time will tell but I don't think Obama will go down as a great president.

How can he not? Healthcare reform is a huge improvement in America, and the evidence supporting the ARRA is overwhelming.

After six and a half years of doing nothing, and after saying he would do something while campaigning, now indeed would be a good time for Obama to start leading well on -something.-

I'm not so optimistic given the Presidents many failures in leadership and the fact that he said "if this happened" and "if that happened" about some things we know have already happened, thereby you know, making him terribly uniformed as Commander and Chief or else cynically continuing the parade of lies.

The Democrats were not even unloading on him for VA as much as the head in the sand foreign policy

Really? Every bill that would've helped veterans has been met with a filibuster. Strike that, every bill proposed/supported by President Obama has been met with filibuster. He's the most filibustered President in history. He hasn't been "doing nothing" as you put. He hasn't been allowed to do anything.

Well, it's a fact that healthcare costs have fallen more than projected (which was already a lot), leading to updated CBO projections showing far more long-term debt reduction than expected. It's a fact that enrollment in exchanges exceeded expectations and that the uninsured percentage fell by more than anyone expected. It's a fact that the U.S. has done a better job recovering from the GFC than 90% of developed nations.

You can try to argue that the ACA and ARRA aren't behind those things or you can play the TS's game of "hey, look over there" when the subjects come up, but you can't deny reality.

Good. Run on it. Tell everybody about the reality of how good Obamacare really is and how good the economy really is.

I'm not stopping you. I'm encouraging you. I want you to tell everyone to not believe their lying eyes. I think it's a good move for your party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back