Law Democrat minority leader, Janet Bewley, kills mother and daughter in car crash. She was on the phone

A lot of retards here apparently don't know you can take a call hands free these days. I don't know anywhere that it's illegal.

A lot of retards here apparently don't know you can take a call hands free these days. I don't know anywhere that it's illegal.

It's been around for awhile but seems to have made very little dent in the data. People are admitting to dialing numbers manually and talking on the phone directly (not hands free). I constantly see people with the phone to ear while driving.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2019/04/16/distracted-driving-statistics/3449038002/

Definitely a possibility this lady was hands free but do we have any confirmation?

man I can't even imagine the type of emotions this would cause and it just goes to show it can and will happen to anyone if you aren't paying attention. <{fry}>

It sucks for the family.
Accidents happen and are always caused by someone’s negligence.

unless she was dui or 70 mph in a school zone, she doesn’t deserve jail time.

This is tragic and, as a parent, I really feel for the woman.

That being said, she did this herself. She was engaging in a legal practice which ups the risk of injury and death in a deadly machine, and that practice shouldn't be legal. Hell, she probably shouldn't even be driving, as many shouldn't. But, that's car entitlement culture for you. Some of us have argued, quite vehemently, that cars should be far more heavily regulated if we actually give a shit about saving human lives... But we really don't when it comes to what we think we're entitled to, taking a break to pretend like we do from time to time when politics get involved, and the body count keeps on rising.

Somehow this is Trump and Russia's fault.

well, she is probably shook that her state legislature has moved to decertify the 2020 election and that is likely a reason she was giving an interview related to that

so yes, TDS could be the root cause of this. The trump curse continues

I bet there are a lot of opinions and outside factors. I did find this, though.

In the usual surgery, most people have 20/20 uncorrected vision the next day. The vision will still be slightly foggy, but most people have vision that would allow them to drive without difficulty the next day, although we always recommend having someone drive you to your follow up
https://sharpe-vision.com/blog/how-...ekHCcmoCj0IwpW3PpESqzPyYv3aQ7waYaArIoEALw_wcB

She was driving against doctors orders so maybe they’ll try and slap some kind of negligent homicide on her. I doubt it, but if there is a lawsuit it’s going to empty her pockets for sure. When I had surgery on my shoulder they told me not to drive for 3 months. I’m sure she had some strict restrictions as well.
Yea she will definitely get sued, no doubt. I just dont see big criminal charges coming.

Is there somewhere that indicates she was hands free? I haven't read it anywhere. Although I guess to assume she had one in her hands is at the same spot. Be interesting to see what the investigation uncovers. If she was physically on it she should pay seriously.

Could get interesting with the cataract surgery and driving a day later when told not to by a doc.
I was just wanting to make it clear that people can be on the phone while driving. Many newer cars connect to your phone allowing hands free operation. I didnt say this earlier, but it is absolutely horrible for the family of the people that lost their lives. Car accidents account for so many deaths. It is unfortunate that there are so many cases like this one that happen evey day. It is a heart breaking reality.

The charge should functionally be the same as a DUI.

You willingly distracted yourself and caused the deaths of others. Doesn't matter if it was booze, crack cocaine or a cell phone.
This is impaired driving on top of distracted driving. Just had eye surgery then driving around while on the phone? Talk about making poor choices. And this person is in a position of leadership?

Women have a hard enough time driving without a cell phone or surgery. She should be in jail.

She was driving against doctors orders so maybe they’ll try and slap some kind of negligent homicide on her. I doubt it, but if there is a lawsuit it’s going to empty her pockets for sure. When I had surgery on my shoulder they told me not to drive for 3 months. I’m sure she had some strict restrictions as well.
Other than aggravated DUI or clearly driving in a reckless manner I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted for a car crash. The problem is that you would have to show substantial evidence that the condition that she knew she had caused the crash. If someone is drunk as shit and drives into oncoming traffic then it is pretty clear what happened, but health problems with an eye? Not sure if the state would ever want to argue that, especially against someone who will have top representation in court. Civil case will be a slam dunk obviously.

Yeesh...

Can't believe that people still think it's okay to yap on their phone and drive. It's arguably worse than drunk driving. At least the drunks are trying to focus on the road.

He who has not killed a 5 year old girl and her mother shall cast first stone!

I'm so fed up with people driving and not paying attention. Especially when they're on their phones.
Couldn’t agree more. And in my experience it seems to be a bigger issue with women. Not exclusively of course.

This story reminds me of the South Dakota AG who killed a guy who was walking along the highway late one night and they were able to prove he was on his phone at the time of the accident. Shit. I’ll add more later but I’m being pulled over. Fuck.

Back