Demian teaches a technique forbidden in jiu jitsu, but valid in MMA - VIDEO

Fellas that is ust a Power-half. For those non wrestlers it a power half nelson. The only thing he does is use it to sweep.

That's not a power half. What are you talking about? A power half nelson is when your hand is on the back of your opponents head and you go under his arm and turn him over. It's a different world when you are chest to chest and you have his head in your arm pit and your holding him in guard.

I'd let you power half me 15 times and you let me do that to you once and you'll be weeping like a small child.

Anyone know if it's illegal in BJJ to use the setup and sweep but let go of the lock straight after or is there too much pressure on the spine during the sweep?

It should be legal, you just can't try to tap anyone from that position. As someone said, it looks like some kind of half nelfson and can be used in wrestling to sweep or pin the opponent. In sport jj, I think white belts aren't allowed to do certain foot locks but it is well legal to sweep with them.

That's not a power half. What are you talking about? A power half nelson is when your hand is on the back of your opponents head and you go under his arm and turn him over. It's a different world when you are chest to chest and you have his head in your arm pit and your holding him in guard.

I'd let you power half me 15 times and you let me do that to you once and you'll be weeping like a small child.

Yes, but it does look like a reversed half nelson with the arm going from the neck around the arm as opposed to the arm going from the opponents arm to the neck.

Damn! Its good to hear you're looking at the bright side, even though NOT being dead isn't the brightest. Hope you're able to get back to bjj at some point at least; boxing/mt would be forever dangerous now i imagine.

Thanks. I actually feel like jiu jitsu would be more dangerous to try again, just because of the constant pressure on my neck. I'm content just hittin the bag and doing pad work now. And of course watching fights :)

Back