Demian teaches a technique forbidden in jiu jitsu, but valid in MMA - VIDEO

I think I'd prefer it over this, though

0.jpg

Thats giving me a headache just looking at it..:eek:
Neck cranks for what its worth are illegal in some comp's below a certain level, and when in a gi.
You get taught neck cranks, in the self defence aspect, using them when sparring, will not be looked on very well, its just bad manners, or well to the point it would be a dickhead thing to do..
A power half like that is a legit move, but i think some would frown up on it..i would think it depended on the level the folks were rolling at and where and who's teaching them..
Maia is a blue print for me, the lad is a bit special to be fair...

Anyone know if it's illegal in BJJ to use the setup and sweep but let go of the lock straight after or is there too much pressure on the spine during the sweep?

0.jpg

Watching this is just unsettling, every time.

I'm pretty sure I would be able to write if my neck had bent like that....

0.jpg

I don't know how the other guy (Dave Philips?) is still alive after that. It was one of the nastiest things I ever seen in MMA

Is that a pain move? What will happen if you don't tap? If it's just pain I wouldn't tap. Pain don't hurt me.

watch out badass over here! Probably hasn't even grappled before. you'll tap when you feel your shoulder about to break

Is that a pain move? What will happen if you don't tap? If it's just pain I wouldn't tap. Pain don't hurt me.

You are the definition of an arm-chair quarterback.

No your right mate, no doubt its a half, nor do i see this as a forbidden move by any means..
Considering im in england, i do come from the place where 'catch as catch can' wrestling was invented..
And love the comparisons in BJJ and catch wrestling,(its why im a mark for barnett).

The only thing that is out of the question in a dojo is small joint manipulation, but in self defence. snap that fucker..

Hecks yeah luv catch it is what got me into sub grappling or grappling period for that matter. Barnett is the man.

Does anyone know if you'd get away with using this purely as sweep rather than trying to finish in an amateur mma bout where neck cranks are illegal? Or would that be pushing it?

Does anyone know if you'd get away with using this purely as sweep rather than trying to finish in an amateur mma bout where neck cranks are illegal? Or would that be pushing it?

so if the sweep happen it's ok , but if the tap happen is an illegal move? is that what you are saying ?

I would tap all day

Thanks. I'm pretty much recovered and can move everything fine, but training is out for the forseeable future, maybe forever. Can't put pressure on my neck (no bjj) and can't get hit in the head (mt, boxing). blows, but at least I'm not paralyzed or dead :)

Glad to hear you're okay, sounds like you have a good attitude too.

Thanks. I'm pretty much recovered and can move everything fine, but training is out for the forseeable future, maybe forever. Can't put pressure on my neck (no bjj) and can't get hit in the head (mt, boxing). blows, but at least I'm not paralyzed or dead :)

Damn! Its good to hear you're looking at the bright side, even though NOT being dead isn't the brightest. Hope you're able to get back to bjj at some point at least; boxing/mt would be forever dangerous now i imagine.

so if the sweep happen it's ok , but if the tap happen is an illegal move? is that what you are saying ?

I would tap all day

Yeah, that's what I meant... risk of DQ if the guy taps I suppose. Might be one to remember for the future when fighting full rules.

hooray, i can practice that on my puppy now

right....and when your shoulder dislocates you can escape the lock and do a flying triangle for the win

even big fucking nog wouldn't be stupid enough to not tap from paraplegia...
well you prob can't tap if its done right

even big fucking nog wouldn't be stupid enough to not tap from paraplegia...
well you prob can't tap if its done right

That is why you verbally submit and start screaming if need be. I have been dealing with a shit shoulder and reoccurring injuries for 5 years now and quit training because of it. But every time some started a kimura on my right arm I tapped physically and verbally.

That's the kind of thing that'll only ever work on someone once.

Anyone know if it's illegal in BJJ to use the setup and sweep but let go of the lock straight after or is there too much pressure on the spine during the sweep?

good question, I also want to know
I like sweeps more than subs while rolling and this gives some nice options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back