Demian teaches a technique forbidden in jiu jitsu, but valid in MMA - VIDEO

Fellas that is ust a Power-half. For those non wrestlers it a power half nelson. The only thing he does is use it to sweep.

The set up from a guillotine is also pretty slick. It's probably not as obvious as you're saying, considering failed guillotines happen in every event and I can't remember anyone trying that.

The set up from a guillotine is also pretty slick. It's probably not as obvious as you're saying, considering failed guillotines happen in every event and I can't remember anyone trying that.

I like to use the power half form standing during clinch scrambles, people tend not too like it.

I have such a man crush on Demian Maia. He put a hurtin' on Daniel from just a few seconds without even cranking on it.

Nah saying its not a good move, just not all super secretive, or "forbidden" well guess in BJJ.

No your right mate, no doubt its a half, nor do i see this as a forbidden move by any means..
Considering im in england, i do come from the place where 'catch as catch can' wrestling was invented..
And love the comparisons in BJJ and catch wrestling,(its why im a mark for barnett).

The only thing that is out of the question in a dojo is small joint manipulation, but in self defence. snap that fucker..

I think I'd prefer it over this, though

0.jpg

of fuck dude! sorry to hear that. hope you made a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks. I'm pretty much recovered and can move everything fine, but training is out for the forseeable future, maybe forever. Can't put pressure on my neck (no bjj) and can't get hit in the head (mt, boxing). blows, but at least I'm not paralyzed or dead :)

Interesting move. Sucks I only train no-gi. No purpose to use this.

However, MMA needs to seriously reconsider some of the BJJ moves legal in MMA. Zombies twister being the first that comes to mind.

Back