Demian teaches a technique forbidden in jiu jitsu, but valid in MMA - VIDEO

IAC

:^)
@Silver
Reaction score
Cranking the cervical.

Ps. the video is in Portuguese, but it's easy to understand.

Is that a pain move? What will happen if you don't tap? If it's just pain I wouldn't tap. Pain don't hurt me.

i've gotten to train with daniel several years back when he was in the south florida training with team nogueria

Is that a pain move? What will happen if you don't tap? If it's just pain I wouldn't tap. Pain don't hurt me.

right....and when your shoulder dislocates you can escape the lock and do a flying triangle for the win

Very nice neck crank. Thanks for posting.
For those who didn't watch TUF Brazil, his training partner is Daniel Sarafian who will be fighting CB Dollaway in UFC S

broken vertebrae, thats a no joke leverage move...

It's painful on the neck and shoulder. Neck cranks usually give you a very uncorfortable feeling that you're gonna die if you don't tap.

Teh deadly neck crank. I think I saw this in a Seagal flick:)

If I wait too long to tap to neck cranks, my neck/upper back will have a terrible kink in it for several days. In the gym it's always better to tap.

If I wait too long to tap to neck cranks, my neck/upper back will have a terrible kink in it for several days. In the gym it's always better to tap.

I didn't tap to a neck crank as a blue belt and I couldn't move my head/neck for a week.

This...i have permanent nerve damage,it was caused by a work accident, but if im not careful, and i get stretched and dont tap, im like a robot for a few days..

Fellas that is ust a Power-half. For those non wrestlers it a power half nelson. The only thing he does is use it to sweep.

Nah saying its not a good move, just not all super secretive, or "forbidden" well guess in BJJ.

i think its a cevrical lock. if its forbidden in jiu jitsu thats the only upper body sub i can think of thats banned

Back