Demian Maia vs Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson for the #1 contender spot at WW?

Who wins Demian Maia or Stephen Thompson?

• Total voters
If Big Rigg couldn't get in on him for a TD, what makes you think Maia could? Damian sets up his TDs with strikes, and he isn't going to run in on Wonderboy like he does everybody else.

Fuck Woodley, there is no reason at all for him to earn the TS before Stephen

lol @ Maia deserving a #1 contender match....

So silly.

If Big Rigg couldn't get in on him for a TD, what makes you think Maia could? Damian sets up his TDs with strikes, and he isn't going to run in on Wonderboy like he does everybody else.

diifferent approaches, Hendricks did get the td, but he didnt hold wonderboy down, he didnt even try hard. Hendricks has better tds agsint the cage, he decided to strike a way better striker and got his ass kicked. Demian will be relentless, he is relentess, plus maias single is the best in the division way better than hendricks, not to mention his top game is 1000x better than anyones top game in the division. He does not let people back up.

i say wonderboy vs lawler, and do a woodley/maia eliminator. i think that would be a neat matchup of styles

The only person NOT deserving the shot is Woodley, hes getting a pitty title shot, dude didnt even fight hendricks and got a decision over gastelum, thats what gave the shot, wonderboy and if Maia beats brown have way better streaks.

If Maia subs brown in the first, then it will be a very tough decision, but thompson really put a freaking spectacle, so I guess it could be fair for him to get the shot, but maia is next and he should wait for wonderboy/lawler.

Twood should fight hendricks.

i say wonderboy vs lawler, and do a woodley/maia eliminator. i think that would be a neat matchup of styles

why the hell should maia fight woodley after beting brown?? why dont make him fight lalwer and condit next too, you know theres always someone else for maia to fight before the title..

Winner Brown/Maia gets Thompson. I voted Maia to take Thompson because I like his chances of getting ahold of him and once he does I firmly believe Maia would devour Thompsons soul Rick Story style, but if he doesn't he gets ktfo. Makes sense while Lawler and Condit settle what they have. Matt Brown would also be a cool rematch because their first fight was a fucking war and it gives Thompson a chance to avenge that loss, that elbow Brown leveled him with would've killed most fighters lol

diifferent approaches, Hendricks did get the td, but he didnt hold wonderboy down, he didnt even try hard. Hendricks has better tds agsint the cage, he decided to strike a way better striker and got his ass kicked. Demian will be relentless, he is relentess, plus maias single is the best in the division way better than hendricks, not to mention his top game is 1000x better than anyones top game in the division. He does not let people back up.
Good points. You have changed my mind, but I do think Thompson is one of the more ellusive fighters that Maia has seen in WW.

I think its almost definitely gonna be Woodley vs Lawler next. Probably at UFC 200.

I would like to see Thompson vs Condit or Rory to see who fights the winner of the Lawler and Woodley fight. I know Rory has already lost twice to Lawler, but who wouldnt want to see that fight again if he happened to get by Thompson. But id rather see Wonder Boy vs Condit, if Carlos would take the fight.

I would do Lawler vs. Thompson and Woodley vs. Maia for number 1 contendership.

Fuck that, let them both fight for the title. Why get rid of the last two real challengers Robby hasn't faced? Both presenting highly unique difficulties as well. It would be no exaggeration to say that maia has the best grappling at ww, and Thompson the best striking. Make it happen.

GTFO with Maia, Thompson deserves the title shot and Maia does not

After what Wonderboy just did to Hendricks, I don't think Maia gets him down even once, and that's coming from an unabashed Maia nuthugger.

If Hendricks couldn't get Wonderboy down, Maia isn't doing it. Maia would end up blowing out a blocked nose once again.

I like Wonderboy getting the next shot and the winner of Maia vs Brown getting the winner of Wonderboy vs Lawler.

Matt Brown took him down and beat him up, Maia would maul him

Back