Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare @ UFN Rio

I guess this is being marketed to American travelers in Rio, because I favor every American to win their fight. I expect it to be about 3 to 1 America in the end. Normally they create squash matches in favor of the Brazilian to feed their nationalistic blood lust.

He went from Mike Pierce, to Mike Pyle, to Bad Boy Yakovlvev. LaFlare is a more promising fighter than all three of those.

im confused at what youre talking about with the three fighters you mentioned

LaFlare via UD. LaFlare is a good prospect, and pushes a pace that Maia probably won't be able to keep up with. I see him winning the stand up exchanges pretty handily unless Maia grabs a sub early.

Maia is a favorite of mine. I hate that it seems like they want to use him to build a new name now. :(

I'll be cheering for Maia.

I'm not sure how his health or cardio will be though.

Bad fight for la flare(he mostly wrestle in his fights),he is good but maia has better bjj and his takedowns are amazing and he is huge at 170. Maia via totall domination like in fitch fight

Demian Maia vs Ryan LaFlare might possibly be the most boring fight of 2015 and it hasn't even happened yet.

Maia is on the decline. He has no cardio and basically just wants to show up to lay on people in mount (MacDonald/Yakovlev fights) or play backpack (Fitch).

LaFlare is the white boy Benson Henderson. Enough said.

I hope it would be a grappling war but I expect a lot of stalling.

Solid fight. If Laflare can get past maia he is the real deal

This'll be an interesting fight for sure. I think LaFlare takes this via tdd and better standup and cardio but I don\t really know how his ground game will hold up if Maia gets it there.

Love this fight,wasnt impressed by LaFlares early wrestling style but he has performed well lately. Ryan by Dec or Maia Triangle.

im confused at what youre talking about with the three fighters you mentioned

Maia was scheduled to fight Pierce, then Pyle, then he eventually faced Yakovlvev. What I'm saying is he's in the top 15-20 tier right now, and is getting matched accordingly.

Maia is good, but I don't think he will win any big fights anymore, Shields passed his guard and even out grappled him without problem.

Good fight... the grappling is going to be awesome on this one.

Back