Demian Maia targets October return against Woodley

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
He's uninjured and healthy, but wants to do other things
I personally think he might get passed up again but whatevre

link
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/7...s-tyron-woodley-october-welterweight-mma-news

"If I could choose, I'd like to fight in October. What I heard from the UFC is that it'll be a title fight against Tyron Woodley, not it's up to them to set the date. I have a good feeling about this fight. Around the Top 5 and Top 10 guys, anyone can win.

He says 'If I could choose'....

Nothing inclining he's going to be picky...

Hopefully they make the fight ASAP.

Well it's about Dam time! Unfortunately I think Woodley takes it.

Well Damian may finally get what he's always wanted...but I have a bad feeling we'll be seeing Marquardt KO: The Return

Maia gets the back while standing and well....
maia.gif
gif_mj6dju.gif
giphy.gif
demian-maia.jpg

Maia beats Tyrun Wouldflee easily.

That's my line

Well Damian may finally get what he's always wanted...but I have a bad feeling we'll be seeing Marquardt KO: The Return

Mai had done some weird shit in Marquardt fight, in all seriousness..

Something between attempt at flying knee and breakdancing.

It was going to end badly.

He's fighting purely, 100% no bullshit lately.

Someone needs to let Maia know he isn't the champ so he can't pick and choose when he wants to fight.

Maia should take that fight asap, it's a winnable fight for him..

He says 'If I could choose'....

Nothing inclining he's going to be picky...

Hopefully they make the fight ASAP.

This isn't the first time he's said he has things going on this summer and he's not keen on fighting. So he clearly wants to have the fight later in the year. And Woodley wants it earlier in late July or August, so we'll see - according to both nothing official has been offered yet.

Can we just get this fight over with please? I like Maia and all, but he's gonna get starched.

Jesus. I thought that fight was after the Silva one.

He got sparked out in that fight, beat Dan Miller in his next, and got a title shot against Silva.

That's my line

Something between attempt at flying knee and breakdancing.

It was going to end badly.

He's fighting purely, 100% no bullshit lately.

Yeah that was "K1 Maia" who fought Marquardt. If today's Maia was there, he'd probably shoot for a single thus ducking that overhand right.

With Woodley, I can see Woodley sneak an uppercut once Maia shoots for the single off of Woodleys jab. Woodley doesn't come across as a flying knee guy.

This is a horrible style matchup for Maia. Woodley sprawls his way to a lopsided decision or tko. (I hope im wrong)

Woodley by knockout, Its the biggest possibility.

Back