Demian Maia Out indefinitely with staph infection

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
qqwnt3.jpg

That can put rest to the "Maia vs Gunnar in Dublin" requests. It sucks that Maia is having these problems when he has proven to still be elite despite his age.

A pro's pro. get well soon so we can watch you fight maia.

That sucks. Hope he recovers soon.

Depending on how bad it is, this shouldn't sideline him for more than a few months.

Damn that sucks. Nelson vs wonderboy sounds good. Ufc dublin would be stacked.

Didn't some one make a thread asking about redness on his leg during the fight?

Every time I think I might like to start training BJJ I hear about this shit. I'm good for the next five years or so

That sucks. Hope he recovers soon.

Depending on how bad it is, this shouldn't sideline him for more than a few months.

He had a horrible case of it last year. If I remember correctly it escalated to a bone infection in his clavicle and Maia said he was hooked up to an IV for antibiotics for 6 weeks and was legitimately worried about his life.

I looked it up, I was right.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/2...uires-six-week-antibiotics-treatment-mma-news

Let's hope this case of staph infection isn't has bad as last years.

Sucks. I've got a staph infection on my left thigh right now too.

Damn, that's terrible. Hopefully it responds well to treatment and isn't a resistant strain.

He had a horrible case of it last year. If I remember correctly it escalated to a bone infection in his clavicle and Maia said he was hooked up to an IV for antibiotics for 6 weeks and was legitimately worried about his life.

I looked it up, I was right.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/2...uires-six-week-antibiotics-treatment-mma-news

Let's hope this case of staph infection isn't has bad as last years.

Forgot about that.

Jeez Maia, wash down those mats bro!

And yeah, hopefully this was caught early

Meh. He just needs to talk to UFC Dr. Jeff Davidson. He cleared Matt Hamill to fight with an open, active staff infection

Meh. He just needs to talk to UFC Dr. Jeff Davidson. He cleared Matt Hamill to fight with an open, active staff infection

in b4 'He clearly told Matt to pull out but he didnt listen' jokes

Seriously, what kind of idiot would clear a guy with an advanced case of staph? He'd probably clear a guy with a facehugger wrapped around his face.

You could see it on him, in the Magny fight, im surprised he got cleared considering those things spread.

Back