Demian Maia #6 Vs Matt Brown #5 needs to happen.

Did you see him vs Rory? He can't hang with the elites but he'll beat everyone else.

Except he did hang with Rory. Clearly won the first round, clearly lost the second, and the third was basically decided in the last minute. I'm not under the delusion he is certain to get a title shot in the near future but the only reason he's in the position he's in is because the UFC keeps trying to feed him to up and comers.

Did you see him vs Rory? He can't hang with the elites but he'll beat everyone else.

He nearly had a 10-8 first round. And I'm pretty sure he'd beat Robbie, because in the past, Robbie sort of gives up when taken down.

Yeah he spanked Rory in the first round like he was a child.

If he works on his conditioning could be a problem for anyone in the division.

This fight makes too much sense. I see a lot of people saying Gunnar Nelson Vs Demian Maia but that doesn't make a ton of sense and would be a huge step back for Maia. Matt Brown on the other hand is still ranked in the top ten after his last win. With what looks like Lawler vs Condit, and Hendricks vs Woodley booked this seems like a no brainer. Matt Browns willingness to take risks versus Demian Maia's ultra agressive grappling attack leads to a very intriguing styles match up imo. Thoughts?

I absolutely agree.

I also wonder how Brown is even ranked higher than Maia. It makes no sense.

He completely outclassed rory in round one, lost round two, and had a competitive round three with him. He hung in there just fine.

Brown-vs.-Silva-Prediction.png

haha, seriously just stop.

look at fightfinder and really look at his career.

now I'm sure you have some Honour, you come back after checking out who he has actually beat and when.

then come tell me, you truly believe he was top20?

UFC's yo-yoing rankings for promotion purposes and by Journalist shills. seriously cmon man your smarter then that

Oh while your at it explain brown's ranked #7 there and now top 5. without a frickn top 10 win either in his career.

Oh while your at it explain brown's ranked #7 there and now top 5. without a frickn top 10 win either in his career.

No sane person should argue for Brown being ranked ahead of Maia right now.

this guy knows the deal...

That makes zero sense for Maia. This guy is 38 and on his last title run—he deserves someone in the top ten. Plus I won't hide the fact that I'm a fan of both guys and I don't want to see either lose :)

Maia vs. Brown or
Maia vs. Gastelum

And

Gunnar vs. DHK or
Gunnar vs. Benson Henderson

Those match-ups make far more sense.

Last edited:
Back