Demetrious Johnson's ONE contract is worth $10M+

Amazing how an org hemorrhaging money can pay a guy like that.

I'm sure there is some contingencies in it and I highly doubt all the money is coming from ONE themselves (ie: maybe some key sponsors dumped in his lap by ONE).

Do you have a source on him making less than 4mil during his UFC run? Disclosed pay is not all that they make.

If he had fought TJ and moved on to PPV co-mains with PPV points, he probably would've passed 10mil eventually. The fighters getting a PPV cut make into the millions.

Nobody cared about him before, and nobody cares about him now. If he did land a 10+ mil contract, then he can congratulate himself for being the most overpaid person in the sport.
What's with your toxic tone? Maybe you didn't like him but talking about someone who has achieved more than you can ever dream off like that makes you look like an asshole. Which you probably are..
<3>

Do you have a source on him making less than 4mil during his UFC run? Disclosed pay is not all that they make.

If he had fought TJ and moved on to PPV co-mains with PPV points, he probably would've passed 10mil eventually. The fighters getting a PPV cut make into the millions.

He headlined 4 UFC PPVs, they averaged like 140k buys

After getting PPV points, DJ said if they put him and TJ on a big card like with GSP or Jones/Cormier, that he would take it. But UFC wouldn't.

UFC does that with some fighters like Joanna. But I don't think they wanted DJ gaining off the PPV point system. That relationship just didn't make sense for either side. He'll do much better financially at ONE.

Last edited:
Alvarez confirmed his contract is 8 figures (at least 10M). DJ got a bigger contract than that.

I'm assuming it is for a good chunk of fights and not just 3-4. Even Tate said the money offered was too good to pass up.
Yeah it's important details everyone isn't mentioning it could easily be "10 million for 30 fights over the next 15 years." It's good money sure but not much different than his ufc deal other than guaranteed income for awhile if ONE doesn't fold. There's probably a good chance he retires and has fights left on his contract and millions he never sees.

Haven’t missed a ONE event since they went to their app. Always an entertaining morning. Can’t wait to watch MM throw down with the best small guys of the other side of the world.

Back