Demetrious Johnson's ONE contract is worth $10M+

Any validity to that number? It's the first time I'm hearing of it.

Say DJ took the fight with TJ and he was given the money he wanted. I doubt he makes $10M+ over the course of the next few years even if he did win. Probably an uptick in numbers when he headlines but not enough to change things drastically.

He earned less than $4M during his run and perhaps got a cut of some of the PPV.

Passing on this fight and being traded to ONE probably works out better for him.

Wow, wouldn't have signed him for 100 grand, not 10 million. Wow, I still remember Demetrious johnson coming up, lost to Cruz and What's his face, that mullet, Torress and all.

i find it odd that one is throwing such money around (or pretending to, at least) given how badly they've been in the red.

i guess we'll see if mm has enough sense/self-respect to keep from being pimped out by evolve.

That would be huge for both him and Xbox. Xbox has a laughably small market in japan, Anything they could do to promote it there would be good for them.
My thought's exactly. Asia is Sony territory. Throwing a million to sponsor mighty mouse per fight is cheap with all the exposure One is getting. That and One is getting into e-sports.

Wow, $10m to fight for ONE?? I don’t see any way DJ yields a return on investment to ONE, but we will see. He never drew many eyes in the UFC when he was a headliner. Maybe the flyweights will find success over in ONE. Makes me wonder what kind of deal Sage and Eddie are getting.

Can you imagine the hilarity if he starts losing to obviously roided out combatants?

Wow, $10m to fight for ONE?? I don’t see any way DJ yields a return on investment to ONE, but we will see. He never drew many eyes in the UFC when he was a headliner. Maybe the flyweights will find success over in ONE. Makes me wonder what kind of deal Sage and Eddie are getting.
DJ is still one of the best p4p fighters in the world. Wherever he fights, the MMA world will have to watch.

Reebok is only for fight week logos
He could have kept it & promoted it away from fight week like most others have.

In 2019, IG, YT, Twitter is where sponsors get promoted
His IG is worth over $4k a post
Seems like Xbox wasnt interested. He says hes open if other oppurtunities come up

Alvarez confirmed his contract is 8 figures (at least 10M). DJ got a bigger contract than that.

I'm assuming it is for a good chunk of fights and not just 3-4. Even Tate said the money offered was too good to pass up.

I wish we would have gotten Cejudo vs. DJ III, but he probably wouldn't have gotten paid as much. Not even Henry will.

Back