Demetrious Johnson weighed the same as Cody Garbrandt in the cage at UFC 227.

Your words have zero weight. Pun intended.

DJ=142
Crejudo=141

No one's disputing the fact that at some point DJ weighed 142 and Henry weighed 141 because that's factual. I merely pointing out that you don't know how to use factual evidence make an argument to support your claims. No one can say who is bigger in the cage because they weren't weighed in the cage, it's really that simple unfortunately for you.

Damn...........high tier weight cutter over here

Fedor is by far GOAT

13.6% Damn that's a lot of weight for a guy his size. Alex Perez at 16.3% is even crazier. Dude weighed almost 150lbs. Garbrandt and Holland didn't put on much weight at all.

EDIT: oh and a like for the Mastodon Leviathan AV

Last edited:
Cody should go down a class so this doesn’t happen:

I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the idea that the guy who threw all those telegraphed, wide looping shots against TJ was the same guy who solved the puzzle of Dominic Cruz.

But but but but but but but TJ is too big. Boo hoo.

Kinda glad he got robbed. Karma for duckin'

No one's disputing the fact that at some point DJ weighed 142 and Henry weighed 141 because that's factual. I merely pointing out that you don't know how to use factual evidence make an argument to support your claims. No one can say who is bigger in the cage because they weren't weighed in the cage, it's really that simple unfortunately for you.
It's called:

1. Experience
2. Common sense.

3. It still doesn't matter because DJ weighed 142 and Crejudo 141. It's only in your hollow head they gained weight from the scale to the cage.

The commission doesn't care, so neither do I.

As I pointed out when I first brought this news to Sherdog, CSAC didn't specify what time they weighed the fighters, so Johnson could've been weighed later in the day and Garbrandt could've been weighed earlier in the day.

For example, Garbrandt was 145 lbs on embedded three days prior.

And size is more than just weight; frame is a far greater factor.
{<BJPeen}<36>

The claim is that MM fights at a size disadvantage, which he does in most fights.

Also, he cut from less than that. He rehydrated and his body settled at 142. Most people will typically weigh over the weight they cut from on fight night.

He typically cuts from 138-140. Not a small cut by any means but when you realize that he is cutting water in place of dieting then it really isnt that drastic of a cut.

He cuts from 138 and weighed in at 142 a day after he made his cut? What the fuck? Just admit he is a dense dude and not small for the weight class. Get his tiny balls out of your mouth.

He cuts from 138 and weighed in at 142 a day after he made his cut? What the fuck? Just admit he is a dense dude and not small for the weight class. Get his tiny balls out of your mouth.
Fighters rehydrate over the weight they cut from chuckle nuts.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-real-life-diet-of-ufcs-demetrious-johnson
A lot of the guys who fight at 125 pounds, they get pretty big and when it gets closer to the fight, they’re walking around at 135 pounds. For me, I try to stay the same weight I typically walk around at. I’ll show up to a fight week on a Tuesday weighing 138, 140 pounds. I only have to weigh 125 pounds for like, one second. So when I jump on the scale and they yell, “125!” Then I can blow back up. Come fight night I’ll weigh 140 pounds.

DJ outweighed Crejudo on fight day. They weighed in at the same time per the commission. Quit trying to spin. It's embarrassing.

You know nothing of cutting weight if you think you can cut and then eat and drink for 24 hours and the weight isn't going to come back on easily.
What in the world are you talking about? I suggested that it's entirely plausible that MM carries extra weight so as to not be at a weight disadvantage, i.e., he doesn't diet down as far as he can. I'm not spinning anything. And I'm not taking a position, either. I'm merely pointing out that it's intellectually fraudulent to only look at someone's weight on fight night and pretend that it proves they aren't undersized.

I think the reasonable next step here is to schedule a fight with Cody vs DJ

What in the world are you talking about? I suggested that it's entirely plausible that MM carries extra weight so as to not be at a weight disadvantage, i.e., he doesn't diet down as far as he can. I'm not spinning anything. And I'm not taking a position, either. I'm merely pointing out that it's intellectually fraudulent to only look at someone's weight on fight night and pretend that it proves they aren't undersized.

So someone can weigh more than someone else and be undersized at the same time? Because they theoretically diet down more? lmao, so Rumble is undersized at 205 because he could diet down to WW? lmao

Cody is so popular he has a bunch of celebrities backing him.
If he moved down to flyweight, he'd probably bring more popularity to the division.
There are also plenty of intriguing fights to see him in. Maybe he'd dominate that division.

MM is a.coward. Always held his own at 135 but only fell short against the best. Dropped to 125 into a 4 man division and stayed there fighting a 50/50 list of really good flys like Joe and Dodson compared to your Ali Bagautinovs,Moragas Reis and Borgs. Guys that wouldnt sniff the title in deeper divvisions. TJ offered to DROP weight,avoided him.

get your comeuppance lad. a can crusher.

They both weighed in at 142 lbs on fight day.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...s-cejudo-dillashaw-vs-garbrandt-divisions-mma

I find this interesting because DJ fans claim that he's not only too small for Bantamweight (which admittedly he is), but he is too small for Flyweight too (which is ridiculous because he wouldn't be able to make 115). He cuts way more than he lets on.

Also, Garbrandt should definitely have a crack at Flyweight now that he's lost to TJ twice.
Size isn't just weight. DJ is fucking 5'3. 5'3 is like genetic mutation short, like a physical disability. He's too small for BW.

It's called:

1. Experience
2. Common sense.

3. It still doesn't matter because DJ weighed 142 and Crejudo 141. It's only in your hollow head they gained weight from the scale to the cage.

The commission doesn't care, so neither do I.

If you had experience and common sense you'd know that fighters as well as all humans are going to gain and lose weight over the course of a day, which is exactly what happened after both fighters stepped off that scale. Like I said it's impossible to say what weight any fighter was in the cage, you just can't accept that because then you can't claim your narrative as "fact". You came so close to having a rational thought, alas it flew right past you.

You can have the last word here, I know you need it.

The problem with your line of thinking is it leaves the door completely open for pure speculation. The entire reason the commission decided to have same day weigh in's is so they can monitor the athletes.

The minute you assume or speculate it's a road to nowhere.

I have enough confidence in the commission to believe they know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the commission's weighed them 2 hours before their fight, before they get taped. No fighter is putting on weight at that point.

The problem with all your assuming is it works contrary to what the commission's are aiming to do.

The commission said DJ was 142 on fight day. I believe DJ was 142 in the cage. You can assume all you want but to expect others to join you on your "road to nowhere" is asinine.

Last edited:
If you had experience and common sense you'd know that fighters as well as all humans are going to gain and lose weight over the course of a day, which is exactly what happened after both fighters stepped off that scale. Like I said it's impossible to say what weight any fighter was in the cage, you just can't accept that because then you can't claim your narrative as "fact". You came so close to having a rational thought, alas it flew right past you.

You can have the last word here, I know you need it.
Commissions > you.

Back