Demetrious Johnson ranks himself as the #5 in an all time P4P ranking

Not only he does that, he also puts Fabricio Werdum at #3, better ranked than Georges St-Pierre. No Anderson Silva on his list. All of this sounds a little absurd to me, so I wanted to see what's your opinion.

The video also features Tony Ferguson's and Megan Olivi's lists. Megan's was the best IMO.

P.S. maybe Silva out of the list has something to do with PEDs, but still, DJ listing himself as #5 and Werdum as #3 sounds crazy to me.

Olivi's list is the best, except Silva is a PED cheater so he's off the list. Fergusons was not bad, and DJ's list was way off.

A lot of legacy building has to do with beating former champions i.e. Jon Jones.
Division strength/depth matters much more to me, which hurts both MM and JJ. Length of dominance/number of top 5 wins also should matter a lot more.

That may be so but as it stands his resume is what it is and I stand by what I said. When discussing the best you look at wins, one person who was in a similar situation was Anderson.

If he wants to he considered one of the greatest of all time he needs to seek out fights outside of his division, even if he keeps the belt and takes on a few contenders at 135, Dillashaw, Faber, Sterling, Assuncao, all legit guys who would look great on his resume along side Benevidez and Dodson.
Yes, he will have to do that, which is unfortunate because he will be at a size disadvantage while other P4P greats like Bones are actually big for their division. Anderson did move up but he didn't give up size to Forrest the way DJ did to Cruz, and Anderson never had to fight the LHW champion to prove himself.

I dunno why you mentioned Nickleback, they are fucking terrible. I dunno why you think I don't know what Im talking about, I would of thought you would at least give me credit for being able to back up what I said, its not like i came in and said 'Mighty Mouse Sux' and called you names.

Edit: sorry just saw realized the last bit was actually directed at someone else.
It was directed at the other poster, but just to expound on that: I have only listened to one Nickelback album. It was their debut album and it was decent. Beyond that, I know nothing of their music, but if you made a thread about them, I would crack a joke about how much they suck because it's the cool thing to do. That's what a lot of Mighty Mouse threads resemble to me.

What legends did aldo beat? Faber and Edgar?

Ya I guess they are legends. Nvm lol.

I like your list anyway. I have GSP ahead of Jones but thats just because of his long dominance. Number 5 can be numerous fighters but If I had to pick it would be Aldo
Actually I was talking about Werdum.
Aldo for being undefeated for 10 years and having 7 title def.

Id go 1)Fedor2)Nog3)A.silva4)GSP 5) Who knows?

I cant see how you can debate that Fedor, SIlva, Gsp and Jones are current top 4 p4p fighters of all time. You can debate the order and placement but they are the 4 best. Literally who has had better careers? Its really not even close.
Aldo is #5 because the level of competition he faced just wasnt quite as good.

Agreed. Although if we're talking about all of MMA and not just UFC.... I'd be inclined to possibly add Igor Vovchanchyn. Imagine that guy in a 185 lb division??
But Fedor, Silva, GSP and Jones (in whatever order) are definitely the Mt. Rushmore of MMA currently.

Agreed. Although if we're talking about all of MMA and not just UFC.... I'd be inclined to possibly add Igor Vovchanchyn. Imagine that guy in a 185 lb division??
But Fedor, Silva, GSP and Jones (in whatever order) are definitely the Mt. Rushmore of MMA currently.

true, Love me some igor
I did think a little more about it and I have to eat my words a little bit.
Aldo went for so long without a loss so you can make a case for him.. He didnt face the big names but he Did beat Edgar and Faber. Jones has a much younger career. I just personally believe he is not above Jones

Honestly.... fergusons list is way way worse

Where does MM rank himself in terms of PPV buys, ticket sales and gate attendance?

Where does Fedor,Jones,Silva rank themselves in terms of NBA championship rings,Street reputation,Football world cup trophies ?

See where I'm getting? Irrelevant.

Back