Demetrious Johnson ranks himself as the #5 in an all time P4P ranking

Regardless of whether he deserved to win or not, it was still a close fight, and he also arguably beat Michael McDonald; but please, feel free to continue overrating the BW division. Wasn't Cisco Rivera ranked in the top 10 when the guy who lost to Ali beat the fuck out of him?
Not really considering him having a top 10 win was your whole argument for "me needing to educate myself" doesn't really have much meaning if he didnt actually deserve to win.

It seems youre trying to make the case that these guys are legitimate title threats because of some mediocore performances against guys in the weight class you are claiming I am over rating? If anyones over rating them, its you.

Saying Casario wouldn't of gotten a title shot at any other weight class, or that other guys like Horiguchi were thrown in early are not really off the wall bombshells,

Claiming youre a top 5 all time p4p fighter is though,

Saying he needs to fight better competition before he qualifies seems pretty reasonable, i dont get why you are being such a dick about it.

Saying he needs to fight better competition before he qualifies seems pretty reasonable, i dont get why you are being such a dick about it.
Pretty lame to discredit his wins over Benavidez by saying he's beating Cruz's hand me downs, especially when considering the split decisionator with a significant size advantage couldn't even hurt Joe in 8 rounds.

MM's resume is far from impressive, he is either fighting Cruzes hand me downs or guys who would wouldn't even be top 10 in any other weight class(either due to skill or experience), aside from that there's Dodson whos over rated.

The guy has been listening to Rogan too much, the guys a good fighter but he is not even close to the martial arts savant he thinks he is.

Benavidez and Dodson were both top 10 at bantamweight. In fact Joesph was a consensus top 5 guy who fought Cruz twice and gave him decent fights.

Bryan Caraway is ranked 8th at 135. I could easily see Dodson, Benavidez, Cejudo, and Horiguchi beating him.

he shouldn't put himself on the same list as grown ups. In all other sports there are rankings for grown men and the rankings for youngsters who will maybe one day compete with grown ups

the division is too young, the skill level isn't there to say he is one of the greatest of all time, the only time he faced great competition (cruz) he lost hands down. So if MM wants to be a little relevant, go up and fight cruz

Last edited:
Benavidez and Dodson were both top 10 at bantamweight.
Dodson wasn't top 10, but you're on the right track. It's crazy how people overate the 135 division compared to the 125 division, and it all stems from ignorance. 135 has more depth but the top guys at 125 would all be successful at 135. Cariaso was the weakest challenger at 125 yet was still good enough to arguably beat two top 10 bantamweights.

Is Mizugaki still ranked, cuz a guy like Justin Scoggins would dominate him. Scoggins would probably even beat Faber who is like top 3 or some shit.

Bryan Caraway is ranked 8th at 135. I could easily see Dodson, Benavidez, Cejudo, and Horiguchi beating him.
and Caraway already lost to Wilson Reis, who would also probably have a win over Yuri Alcantara if not for a bullshit standup in round one.

Werdum at Number 3 isn't all that outrageous.

Mine would go.

1. Jon Jones - Wins over Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Chael, Gus, Glover, and DC, that's former champions, that's title contenders, that's legends at not one, not two, but three weight classes and those two Middleweights(Vitor who is a former LHW champ and Chael) were able to beat and finish Light Heavyweights. Jones is virtually undefeated, longest reigning Light Heavyweight Champ, if he beats DC and adds Rumble to that list there's no streak that is greater.

2. Fedor Emelianenko - 10 years undefeated at Heavyweight, beat Arlovski, Sylvia, Big Nog, Randleman, Cro Cop, Coleman, Arona, Herring, Lindland.

3. GSP - Two time Welterweight Champion, beat Hendricks, Diaz, Condit, Shields, Koscheck, Hardy, Alves, BJ, Fitch, Serra and avenged all his losses

4. Jose Aldo - First UFC Featherweight Champ, former WEC Champ, wins over Mendes, Edgar, KZ, Lamas, Faber, Browne, Hominick, Florian.

5. Anderson Silva - Former UFC Middleweight Champion, longest reigning Middleweight Champ wins over Chael, Okami, Franklin, Forrest, Hendo, Marquardt, Cote, Bonnar, Leites, Leben, Sakurai, Newton, Murray.

Jones has no losses, Fedor has three and although they were at the end of his career the Dan Henderson one was pretty bad considering he's a natural Middleweight, GSP had two losses but avenged them, Aldo lost early and his career and had a brutal loss to Conor and Anderson has the two losses to Weidman. After that it gets harder to rank but Werdum, Hendo, Hughes, Big Nog, Cruz, Wanderlei, Rampage, Shogun, Mighty Mouse and BJ are all in the mix.

Not counting in Silvas failed test I see no way this top 4 can really be debated.
Maybe you can argue that GSP should be 2 and Silva should be 3.
Number 5 is an absolute toss up for me. Insert favorite champion there lol.
I guess you can put DJ in the mix but I dont think he has beaten the quality of opponents
to be considered quite yet

1. Fedor
2.Silva
3.GSP
4.Jones
5.Cruz/Aldo/Hughes/BJ tossup

then there is the rest of the greats who fill out the top 10-15
DJ
Couture
Chuck
Werdum
Cain
Faber
Shogun
Hendo

Saying that you don't even see how that can be debated is just saying that you have no ability to think about things in more than one way. It gets even worse on a highly debated topic.

The only person he has ever lost to is the current champion... a weigh class above him. Years ago.
Well he has a loss to Pickett on his record too, but I think most people know how a rematch would go these days.

Saying that you don't even see how that can be debated is just saying that you have no ability to think about things in more than one way. It gets even worse on a highly debated topic.

I cant see how you can debate that Fedor, SIlva, Gsp and Jones are current top 4 p4p fighters of all time. You can debate the order and placement but they are the 4 best. Literally who has had better careers? Its really not even close.
Aldo is #5 because the level of competition he faced just wasnt quite as good.

Last edited:
Pretty lame to discredit his wins over Benavidez by saying he's beating Cruz's hand me downs, especially when considering the split decisionator with a significant size advantage couldn't even hurt Joe in 8 rounds.

Nice, reply to absolutely nothing in my post but still keep trying to argue to save face.

I am not saying Joe.B isn't a legitimate win, but what I was inferring was that in terms of legacy the guy lost twice to Cruz and never held the title so in terms of legacy yeah the guys a legit top 3 fighter but champions in other divisions fight top 3 guys nearly every time they fight.

When you compare Joe.B to a guy like Machida who held the belt at 205 then came down and fought for the MW title you can see how in terms of legacy Joe.B as your best win doesn't really cut it when youre talking about all time greatest fighters.

You're argument is "oh well he beat a guy who got gifted a decision at BW the most over rated division" then I can't help but wonder why you're even arguing with me. The 125 division has some talent but its no secret its shallow and mighty mouses title defences hasnt been one killer after the next.

Benavidez and Dodson were both top 10 at bantamweight. In fact Joesph was a consensus top 5 guy who fought Cruz twice and gave him decent fights.

Caraway is horrible, the rankings also suck but were talking about the champion, no one is expecting Cruz to fight Caraway if DJ fought him you guys would he arguing that "Caraway was a legit top 8" and think that MM deserves to be considered top 5 p4p of all time because of it.

Its fuckin ridiculous.

Nice, reply to absolutely nothing in my post but still keep trying to argue to save face.

I am not saying Joe.B isn't a legitimate win, but what I was inferring was that in terms of legacy the guy lost twice to Cruz and never held the title so in terms of legacy yeah the guys a legit top 3 fighter but champions in other divisions fight top 3 guys nearly every time they fight.

When you compare Joe.B to a guy like Machida who held the belt at 205 then came down and fought for the MW title you can see how in terms of legacy Joe.B as your best win doesn't really cut it when youre talking about all time greatest fighters.

You're argument is "oh well he beat a guy who got gifted a decision at BW the most over rated division" then I can't help but wonder why you're even arguing with me. The 125 division has some talent but its no secret its shallow and mighty mouses title defences hasnt been one killer after the next.

Caraway is horrible, the rankings also suck but were talking about the champion, no one is expecting Cruz to fight Caraway if DJ fought him you guys would he arguing that "Caraway was a legit top 8" and think that MM deserves to be considered top 5 p4p of all time because of it.

Its fuckin ridiculous.

The point is Benavidez was a top 5 fighter in the division(bw) which makes your original statement clearly untrue. That's my point.

I'm surprised he put himself #5 and not 1 but then I saw the vid and noticed 1-4 are all retired guys.

The other host/commentator shoulda brought up Cruz. "Where's Cruz on your list?"

I just don't like MM, and I don't have a good answer why, but I don't care. He's so fucking annoying to me.

But yeah, I agree with his #1. Bones is the GOAT combat sports athlete in combat sports history.

A lot of legacy building has to do with beating former champions i.e. Jon Jones. Mighty Mouse can't do that because he is the only flyweight champion in history. Him actually being so good hurts him in that regard. If Benavidez or Dodson was champion at 125 when DJ beat them, those wins would mean so much more.

...or they could make a 115 division and DJ could drop down and beat the fuck out of that guy.

I just don't like MM, and I don't have a good answer why, but I don't care. He's so fucking annoying to me.
You probably don't know anything about him and have just been swayed by bigoted trolls on Sherdog. That's why you can't explain why you don't like him in your own words. It's kinda like people who hate Nickelback. Yeah, they probably aren't that great, but we mostly just parrot their sucktitude because it's what we've been conditioned to believe due to constant exposure.

I was actually thinking of rounding up like ten posters on Sherdog and just flooding the forum with a dominant opinion to control the MMA hive mind. I'm pretty sure we could convince people to like Jared Rosholt within a month. I have already seen this happen with Cruz fans.

Last edited:
His list was still a fuck of a lot better than Ferguson's.

Not only he does that, he also puts Fabricio Werdum at #3, better ranked than Georges St-Pierre. No Anderson Silva on his list. All of this sounds a little absurd to me, so I wanted to see what's your opinion.

The video also features Tony Ferguson's and Megan Olivi's lists. Megan's was the best IMO.

P.S. maybe Silva out of the list has something to do with PEDs, but still, DJ listing himself as #5 and Werdum as #3 sounds crazy to me.

Werdum ahead of GSP is about as stupid as it gets. I definitely put DJ around 5, but Werdum is not at this point.

A lot of legacy building has to do with beating former champions i.e. Jon Jones. Mighty Mouse can't do that because he is the only flyweight champion in history. Him actually being so good hurts him in that regard. If Benavidez or Dodson was champion at 125 when DJ beat them, those wins would mean so much more.

...or they could make a 115 division and DJ could drop down and beat the fuck out of that guy.

You probaly don't know anything about him and just base your opinion on him of off troll post on Sherdog. It;s kind aliek peopel who hate Nickelback. Yeah they probably do suck, but I mostly just say that because it's what your;e supposed to do.
That may be so but as it stands his resume is what it is and I stand by what I said. When discussing the best you look at wins, one person who was in a similar situation was Anderson.

If he wants to he considered one of the greatest of all time he needs to seek out fights outside of his division, even if he keeps the belt and takes on a few contenders at 135, Dillashaw, Faber, Sterling, Assuncao, all legit guys who would look great on his resume along side Benevidez and Dodson.

I dunno why you mentioned Nickleback, they are fucking terrible. I dunno why you think I don't know what Im talking about, I would of thought you would at least give me credit for being able to back up what I said, its not like i came in and said 'Mighty Mouse Sux' and called you names.

Edit: sorry just saw realized the last bit was actually directed at someone else.

The point is Benavidez was a top 5 fighter in the division(bw) which makes your original statement clearly untrue. That's my point.
I never said he wasnt, i said he was a cruz hand me down and explained why I made that comment.

Your point is invalid.

Back