Demetrious Johnson Likes Pride Rules

The unified rules are all you know. Expand your horizons. Not everything USA or UFC is automatically superior. Pride had a good thing going and actually built a lot of stars. Stars that are still in the UFC today. That's saying a lot. Business wise they sucked. On the back end the company was managed poorly, yakuza ties and scandals, lawsuits and what not. But at the front end, the product that we saw was amazing. I actually went to pride 33 in Las Vegas. Sucks that it couldn't be under pride rules. I'd have to go to toyko for that and that would exceed my $$$

I'm for almost everything. Wrestlers are at a huge disadvantage not being able to end fights with knees to head on the ground and 12-6 elbows. Makes fights boring too.

GSP would be KO king instead of decision king with knees to head.

Pffft... Pride was terrible, 2016 join date.... Yeah, so bad it dominated the UFC for a decade and produced some of the most memorable MMA battles in it's history. Fucking terrible.

Just take pride rules, add elbows on the ground... and yer better off.

Yellow cards and deductions for shit like Starnes/Quarry, the addition of knees to keep wrestlers on edge, and keeping elbows would lead to better shit.

tombstone.jpg

You mad, bro?

Yellow cards for inaction is a retarded idea, for many reasons, but mainly because referees shouldn't be able to effect a fighter's pay. Knees on the ground would benefit wrestlers, not the other way around. The elbow point underscores how retarded and inconsistent Pride was.

Classless. Barbaric. Savage. Those are the words that come to mind. That has no place in modern Mixed Martial Arts.
I think this sport isn't for you. Watch the Barboza head kick and other epic KO's that are MUCH worse than these. Go watch Tennis or beach volleyball. You sound like a major cuckhold.

Who do people waste time making such stupid threads like this?

So and so wants Pride rules back; So and so wants a=weapons allowed in the octagon.

So fucking what!!!

Why in the hell is this even news? The UFC and no other organization is ever going to make their rules like Pride. The next fighter that says something like this should be released on their contract, and the next poster who actually takes time out of their day to post their nonsense should be banned.

Good lord, who cares about what random fighters say about the rules that aren't going to change. the UFC has ZERO interest in becoming PRIDE guys. STFU and move on!

Pffft... Pride was terrible, 2016 join date.... Yeah, so bad it dominated the UFC for a decade and produced some of the most memorable MMA battles in it's history. Fucking stupd post if I ever seen one... or a thousand as is the case since it's sherdog.

Just take pride rules, add elbows on the ground... and yer better off.

Yellow cards and deductions for shit like Starnes/Quarry, the addition of knees/grounded to keep wrestlers on edge, and keeping elbows would lead to better shit.

How would that be a bad idea?

Great post.

Only the noob fans think that the pride rules sucked.

I agree with what you said about adding elbows to the pride rules as well.

The unified rules are all you know. Expand your horizons. Not everything USA or UFC is automatically superior. Pride had a good thing going and actually built a lot of stars. Stars that are still in the UFC today. That's saying a lot. Business wise they sucked. On the back end the company was managed poorly, yakuza ties and scandals, lawsuits and what not. But at the front end, the product that we saw was amazing. I actually went to pride 33 in Las Vegas. Sucks that it couldn't be under pride rules. I'd have to go to toyko for that and that would exceed my $$$

The US is in a malaise right now, but historically everything from the US is superior. The UFC ultimately proved superior when it bought out Pride. Pride was built on a foundation of lies, corruption, and thuggery. The actual product was unappealing to me and a lot of other people. I don't like stomps and knees on the ground. I don't like tiny Japanese men fondling the fighters from the outside. I don't like the way the rounds are timed. I don't like the ring. I don't like the fact that fighters would have to reset anytime they got to close to the edge. I don't like the over the top WWE theatrical BS. I don't like the mismatches. I don't like the way the fights were scored. Etc.

He wants a shot at an openweight GP

Mighty Mouse vs Emmanuel Yarbrough. RIZIN make it happen (I know he's dead but I doub that would stop them)

or maybe Mouse vs Gabi Garcia, that would be fun...

This is my story. When I first became a fan or mma in 2003. Unified rules just took effect. I watched Ken Shamrockvs Tito 1 because I was a WWF fan in those days and a fan of Shamrock. Then about a year or so later I found out about Pride. At first I didn't like the soccer kicks and stomps. Then I educated myself more on MMA and grew to appreciate then. They actually do take skill to land. Have you ever seen a fight where someone was flopping about trying to stomp or soccer kick someone only for that person to land on their ass? Flat on their back? Happened all the time. When u throw a soccer kick and miss, it puts you completely off balance and on one leg. Same with stomps.

Now I have a friend who doesn't want them saying it resembles a street fight too much. Mma should be a sport in his eyes. Not a "fight" or "street fight" Boxing didn't become a billion dollar industry because they pride themselves on being brawlers who throw haymakers. People fell in love with the technical prowess of boxing. He's ok with knees and up kicks tho.

Ya they should bring it back, mma is not a family event its fighting.

Name 10 of the best Pride fights and I'll give you 20 better in the UFC. It's considered blasphemy to tell the truth about Pride. I don't care.

Name 10 of the best Pride fights and I'll give you 20 better in the UFC. It's considered blasphemy to tell the truth about Pride. I don't care.
A TUF noob casual fan who doesn't understand the slang, and only started watching when he heard the term "Stand and Bang"

Back