Demetrious Johnson Likes Pride Rules

In general, I agree that the rule doesn't go far enough. I'd be down for soccer kicks and 10 minute first rounds. But I don't think they should take elbows out of ground and pound, and I don't like the idea of stomps.

I would not take away elbows. I would bring back 12-6 elbows.

Shame no one like him
DJ is the prog rock of MMA.

djmaynard.jpg

I would not take away elbows. I would bring back 12-6 elbows.
Damned straight.
The irony that fighters have become better in skillset and fitness and yet the variables are reduced.

I'd like to see a full set of open rules minus dangerous fouls ala eye-gouging.

Knees to a downed opponent are a huge weapon for wrestlers

The Pride romanticizing is nauseating. Keep your soccer kicks, knees on the ground, and barbaric stomping, I'm just happy we don't have tiny Japanese men at ringside molesting the fighters, fighters falling out of the ring, referees with earpieces, fixed fights, and all of the other bush-league shenanigans that went on with that failed organization.

All of fighting is very dangerous that's the point.
Yes it is, but soccer kicks are the worst. It's a fight, not attempted murder.

With all the research coming out about NFL players and concussions now more than ever they should stay outlawed.

God even in street fights one of the unspoken rules is "don't kick a man while he is down" - let alone in a fight with rules and a ref.

It'd be the quickest way to get everyone to change their mind about MMA and get them thinking it's "human cock fighting" again.

Fighters safety should come first.

Fuck the pussified rules. Bring back soccer kicks and kness to the head of a grounded fighter.

tumblr_m638rsKwth1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Back