Social Dem lawmaker critizes Biden for ritzy White House dinner serving '200 Maine Lobsters

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de...white-house-dinner-serving-200-maine-lobsters

A Democratic lawmaker is pushing back on President Biden’s pompous White House celebration, where 200 live lobsters will be served for guests Thursday during a State Dinner with French President Emmanual Macron.

The night before the dinner, where guests are expected to enjoy lobster and caviar, Rep. Jared Golden, D-Maine, took to Twitter to urge Biden to meet with the lobstermen his administration is "currently regulating out of business."

Biden does not meet with peasants. He only meets with very rich people that give his family money because he is a classist.

Last edited:
Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

all class

Ole Man Biden should let them eat cake

Funny how food goes from trash to cash. Look at flank and skirt steak for fajitas, stuff is expensive but the reason it was used for fajitas is because it was all the poor could afford so they would have to marinate it in order to be able to eat the chewy stuff meat.
Look at chicken wings also, lol, 30 years ago the youngest kid got the wings from the chicken cause nobody else wanted to eat them. Now places charge $2 a wing with some sauce on them.

Sorry for the off topic.

Bry

This is an official state dinner. Therefore, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone regarding the expense or extravagance of the meal.

Trump's McDonald's run was for college football players during a government shutdown. To compare the two meals is disingenuous.

I'd like to hear more than just a tweet from that Maine congressman. What regulations is he mentioning? Lobstering off the coast of Maine is one of the most self regulated industries out there. Due to lobstering being a multigenerational family business, they have created more unwritten rules than major league baseball.

It's kind of wild how lobster used to be considered a poor man's protein that was only eaten of desperation and was used predominantly as prison food, fish bait and livestock feed.
It sounds fancy & most people follow

This is an official state dinner. Therefore, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone regarding the expense or extravagance of the meal.

Trump's McDonald's run was for college football players during a government shutdown. To compare the two meals is disingenuous.

I'd like to hear more than just a tweet from that Maine congressman. What regulations is he mentioning? Lobstering off the coast of Maine is one of the most self regulated industries out there. Due to lobstering being a multigenerational family business, they have created more unwritten rules than major league baseball.
The spin about lavish dinners is made up by White Whale, the guy in the tweet was criticizing that Maine lobster was used when Maine fishermen are apparently being regulated out of existence.

It's kind of wild how lobster used to be considered a poor man's protein that was only eaten of desperation and was used predominantly as prison food, fish bait and livestock feed.
Apparently this was before modern refrigeration. They spoil quickly, I’ve read.

Besides being oversized bugs, I can’t see any other explanation why it would have been so despised, it’s delicious.

The spin about lavish dinners is made up by White Whale, the guy in the tweet was criticizing that Maine lobster was used when Maine fishermen are apparently being regulated out of existence.

I read the tweet as well. I want the congressman to get into more detail regarding exactly what regulations he means. Because the lobstermen have their own set of "regulations" that have been enforced amongst themselves for generations.

Fi5TjtUWIAI6Qer

Sounds yummy.

The author of the original tweets, Kate Bennett, I can't figure out if she works for CNN or FLOTUS....or both. Her Twitter page looks like it's a part of the First Lady's PR office.

With that said, the only post that made me raise an eyebrow was her comment that they used 40lbs of icing for a gingerbread house at the WH. Seems like a waste of food.

Caviar is totally not a lavish food. The thread title is the same as the article's.

Back