delete

saw most of the last portion of it as i was waiting for the BCS replay.
it entertained me from what i saw, but i likely won't watch it until Sherdog says it's worth my time.

I never watch new shows unless its a premise I know Id like, aka Walking Dead. Other than something with minimum scope, I never, ever watch brand new shows. It is only until 2-3 seasons in that I hear something is good and then dive in, for example, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc.

I just happened to catch the premier of this because I was watching the season premier of Better Call Saul and they played them back to back.

I really liked the premier of this but I couldn't begin to tell you exactly what it's about, I'm not sure what it's about yet. And personally I like that. There is a serious mystery element to the show and I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I'm getting the impression that the higher ups at this lodge are immortals. And I know for sure that this is gonna be a show where nothing is coincidence, and I like that. But take that mystery element, and imagine dropping The Dude from The Big Lebowski into that, and that's pretty much what this show is. And I dig it. So far anyway.

They find this tongue in a Wonderbread bag, end up searching for this broad w/ no voice, and well, to make a long story short the main dude wakes up w/ 49 empty Twinky wrappers on the floor. See, he's dead, because twinky 49 lodged in his throat. He then goes to heaven and meets Michael Landon and Jim Henson.

The guy looks exactly the same as in Black Mirror.

I haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out. I need another show, since this season of Animal Kingdom is ending in a week or two, and Snowfall is about half over already.

I agree about the major potential , I thought the premiere was really good. I hope it keeps up the quality for the whole season.

You can watch the whole series if you have AMC Premium

It looked really good and creative from the trailers/tv ads, but after I figured out that it is a contrived recruitment ruse for masonry lodges (and their severely falling membership) I had second thoughts about DVR'ing it. I still had it set to record but then I saw that the 1st episode was one of the first principles of satanism I was like I'm not going to be suckered by this prop.

They purposefully use a Lebowski clone to appeal to guys from the 90's who feel unaccomplished in their lives (most) and present the lodge membership as the answer to their doldrums without having to change their personality or lifestyle

I'm sure its still a decently entertaining show as far as shows go. But I don't like shows with agendas, thanks.

What do you mean? I'm a Christian myself and I see that crap all the time on tv but I didn't see it with this show. Not yet anyway

You want me to list all the things? I listed one big one (impossible as an accident). There's plenty more just in the commercial alone. I was really looking forward to watching this

Did you really watch the whole thing? I don't have amc premium and I'm not gonna get it. But I really wanna know how good this show ends up being
It's great man. I'm sad it's over. Really connected with me on alot of levels. Dead dad. Meandering through life etc

Back