delete

One of the most clear examples of a fighter winning from the bottom.

Torres won that fight for sure.

Torres should have got it, but didnt. Djs run since has been amazing. Nobody with a strong style ground game since Torres, I guess.

Torres should get an immediate title shot if Johnson doesn't accept the Dillashaw fight.

Johnson will duck Torres too.

That's the worst example of "top-position bias" in this sport. What good is gravity if you don't use it? Torres won that one, easily.

Miguel Torres was beast before he got beat by Brian Bowels. He was actually in the P4P and GOAT discussion as well too........Its pretty funny how long "ALL TIME" lasts in most GOAT discussions with some fighters. Should be called Greatest flavor of the Month

Mighty Mouse was on top 85 percent of the fight but Miguel threatened constantly and landed more strikes from the bottom than DJ did from the top

This Gif reminds me of Catching a strong fish.
Dj's little leg wiggle at the end lol

9.gif

I remember MM being swept many times.
According to wiki, Torres scored a "record breaking" 6 sweeps in the fight.

I thought Torres should have gotten the nod.

Miguel Torres was beast before he got beat by Brian Bowels. He was actually in the P4P and GOAT discussion as well too........Its pretty funny how long "ALL TIME" lasts in most GOAT discussions with some fighters. Should be called Greatest flavor of the Month

Miguel was the king of a division of nobodies though. Sort of like how MM is today. Torres record was amazing on paper but a lot like Thomas Almeida, a good chunk of his opponents were making their debut or had losing records.

Miguel was the king of a division of nobodies though. Sort of like how MM is today. Torres record was amazing on paper but a lot like Thomas Almeida, a good chunk of his opponents were making their debut or had losing records.
true, but that can be argued for many champions and ex champs of recent time.

Torres vs Yoshiro Maeda was an all time great fight. It's a shame that he fell off so hard.

Nearly everyone says Torres should've won that fight and I agree. It would be interesting to see how it would've changed the course of history if that decision had gone the proper way.

That's what happens whenever DJ fights someone taller than 5'6".

Back