Del Rosario

ThaiPlumRillo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just finished watching Shane on a Strikeforce rerun. I was just thinking even though he lost to stipe and barry, i feel like with his skillset and being relatively young for a HW,that he would be a threat to the title atm. Sucks to know a heavyweight who threw kicks as fast as a middleweight and was beast at subs didnt get to show his full potential.

No one who lost to Barry is or would be going anywhere near the belt ever.

well he wasn't so fast like a MW as you say because I was actually at UFC 146 when he fought Stipe and he lost because Stipe was just way too fast for him, beat him to the punch every time, then finished him. RIP

RIP but I don't think he was exceptional as a fighter.

Shane del Rosario TODAY has a better chance of winning a title than Pat Barry of TODAY.

RIP...dude was at my alma mater when I was there. Was the MT instructor for a few of my friends...died too soon.

I doubt he'd have been champ, he didn't seem to have the wrestling for it.

But he probably would have been top 10 with some more experience.

Definitely was an exciting fighter.
well he wasn't so fast like a MW as you say because I was actually at UFC 146 when he fought Stipe and he lost because Stipe was just way too fast for him, beat him to the punch every time, then finished him. RIP
What...? IIRC, Rosario was lighting Stipe up on the feet in round 1.

In round 2 Stipe took him down and totally brutalized him. But as I recall Stipe was clearly winning the stand up. Am I remembering wrong?

Death was just the final obstacle to knowing his potential, iirc.
RIP

Yea i just feel with how HWs today can resurge that he would have put a decent streak together by now. Like i said he good kicks for a youngish fast hw. Idc what that dude says ,he was fast and hitting miocic before getting taken down.

If somebody like stipe who got tkoed by struve can get it together or chinny arlovski, then i know Shane would have impressed later in his career.

Last edited:
I don't think he would have been any more successful than Barry but there are more important things than fighting. May he rest in peace.

The dude looked terrible after the drunk driver hit him... Very sad

Back