News Deiveson Figueiredo says he knew it wasn't his day: "I didn't have a healthy weight cut"

I think it was pretty clear he was badly affected by the weight cut, so badly that it looked like he must have fell and hit his head in the sauna because he came into the fight with a lump on his forehead. I would like to see a third fight but if the weight cut is becoming such a regular problem for him then he's obviously fighting in the wrong weight class.
Yeah, if he fought better on 3 weeks notice than with several months to prepare AND get his dieting in order, clearly dude is either wildly undisciplined or not meant for that weight class.

Had money on him and knew it was down the drain after the first few minutes of round one. Really bad showing for him. If making weight is that traumatic for him it's time to move up.

I don't believe the UFC or Figueiredo want him to fight at Flyweight anymore but if he did why wouldn't he deserve an immediate rematch?

The fight with Moreno was a rematch that Figuiredo did not need to take, he won on one judges scorecard, and the fight was scored a draw on two others due to a point deduction.

A couple of wins away?
They just fought twice in a row. This fight was quite one sided by Moreno.

Let Moreno rematch Askarov. Tons of options for Fig at 125 or 135.

I had a parlay riding on Fig and I knew I lost my money the second he started walking out.

When you've watched fighting enough you can almost tell when a fighter has already accepted defeat before the fight even starts
Thought the same, he was looking down and in the brink of tears, probably still feeling like a zombie.

The dude is shredded all the time and has trouble making weight. I think he needs to move up to BW for his own health.

FLW will suffer tho.. he is by far the most exciting guy there.

He should move up to 135. I think that would be good for him and his health. Plus I think he'll feel a lot better in that weight class.

I think it's much better for the division to have someone like Moreno as a champ than Deiveson, because of the weight cut problem. It's the same thought that I had about Romero or Costa being champion in the MW division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back