News Deiveson Figueiredo says he knew it wasn't his day: "I didn't have a healthy weight cut"

If you're crying at the weigh-ins then you need to re-evaluate why you're competing in the first place.

yeah the dude was crying. he made it to the title cutting to much weight every fight. it finally caught up with him. a lot of people suspect this was the reasons for the downfall of a lot of fighters wiedman and Hendricks are examples of massive weight cutters who had a dramatic fall off where people attribute it to usada sometimes but you take a normal healthy human with solid hormone levels and you have him do this weight cut bullshit even once and it can throw your whole system out of wack for a very long time. a lot of wrestlers develop doing this and learn how to do it at a young age so the body adapts better and recovers quicker but it still messes these guys up and makes them more vulnerable on fight night to permanent career changing injuries. also body fat. the guy is all muscle. completely cut and in order to comfortably make 125 he has to maintain having such a low percentage of body fat all through out camp. this also can cause really bad hormone issues and performance drop offs. his body is bound to shut down hes going to have to lose a solid 5lbs of muscle or move up in weight or hes taking a big risk everytime to end up in a hendricks situation for the rest of his career

100% deserves trilogy. moreno lost first fight but corrupt judge (Junichiro Kamijo) gave the 5th round to Moreno to make a draw. moreno definitely did not deserve rematch based on milking a nut shot (herzog is only judge to take a point away for first offense groin strike).

Really we do not need to hear this. We could all see it in his fight.
He looked like he had spent the night puking tbh. He was already a champ, he is 33, why hurt himself making weight?
He should move up.

He looked bad at the weigh-ins and came in last minute (literally). Also performed much worse than he did in recent memory. Wish him the best with whatever he decided to do next.

He’s a little old for a 125er. I don’t see him wing the rematch

Weight cutting is so fucking stupid. I could understand it if you are a Matt Hughes type fighter that is a bully and needs to be bigger to hold people down and beat them up. A guy like Figgy who is going to stand and bang for most of the fight vs Moreno I just don't see how almost killing yourself on the scale 24 hours before you are about to engage in the most pure form of combat you can with the highest stakes on the line. Makes no sense. I saw his real weigh and my god did he look terrible,,, Concentration camp was first thing that popped into my head.

Yeah, he didn’t look himself at all. Hesitant and slow reacting. Taking nothing away from Moreno though who conversely looked confident and prepared. He fought a great fight and deserved to win. I think these guys cross paths one more time.

Simply by looking at Figueiredo, it's obvious he should be at 135. The guy is shredded to the bone and still has trouble making 125. It's not about improving his "diet"; he doesn't have extra fat to lose. He might be the leanest fighter on the roster.

Figgy-Moreno.jpg

Oh what a shocker, a Brazilian making excuses.

In b4 Brazilian excuse jokes I really do believe him. That being said Moreno performed perfectly as well.

Edit: too late ^

He looked completely flat in there. I completely believe him.

He's a couple of wins away from a rematch. He was very humble in defeat, and hopefully he comes back.

I don't believe the UFC or Figueiredo want him to fight at Flyweight anymore but if he did why wouldn't he deserve an immediate rematch?

The fight with Moreno was a rematch that Figuiredo did not need to take, he won on one judges scorecard, and the fight was scored a draw on two others due to a point deduction.

A couple of wins away?

I had a parlay riding on Fig and I knew I lost my money the second he started walking out.

When you've watched fighting enough you can almost tell when a fighter has already accepted defeat before the fight even starts

Even Moreno said in the post fight he thinks Figgy cuts too much weight.
made me gain a ton of respect for Moreno. I mean the guy literally discredited his own fucking title win. Very similar to when Gaethje said he thinks Ferguson cutting weight twice in 3 weeks hurt him.

Back