Defending Situp (hip bump) sweep

Wide strong base and stop his hip movement. That usually works for me.

For me, strong posture would be the first choice if not just post you leg up and then go back quickly to avoid any sneakiness

Whenever someone opens their guard for any reason my hands go to their hips and I push myself backwards into a combat base. A) You become to big for them to ever re close guard. B) Kill the hips you kill the sweep.

When opens his guard and starts to sit up for the sweep, push his leg down with your hand and step over it. You can force him into half guard or even take his back.

Whenever someone opens their guard for any reason my hands go to their hips and I push myself backwards into a combat base. A) You become to big for them to ever re close guard. B) Kill the hips you kill the sweep.

Thanks good advice

When opens his guard and starts to sit up for the sweep, push his leg down with your hand and step over it. You can force him into half guard or even take his back.

Good advice, ill have to try it. Thanks

Good advice, ill have to try it. Thanks

braullio vs tarsis @ adcc 2009 has this back take happening very early in the match done by tarsis if i recall correctly. I tried finding it on youtube but with no success. If you find it, check it out, its sick as hell.

Back