DEFCAD eats a chub

I dont see the problem with these files at all, and consider myself pretty far left.

Untraceable guns. If you can't trace it, ownership cannot be established, crimes cannot be prosecuted - pretty sure the domino effect of this kind of scenario outweighs the benefits of trusting a piece of 230 year old legislation on the basis of "but but the founding fathers". Pretty sure these guys would have putforth a much different version of the amendment had they had the insight into what kind of insane shit people would try to apply it to.

Come on dude. We already have guns untraceable to current ownership thanks to private sales and the option to build one's own. Where's this domino effect, other than in your imagination?

Sorry you don't like the Constitution. I hope you never reference it in support of the other rights it protects. And give us a break on what you claim the founders would do. The federal government wasn't supposed to deprive the people of arms. You claiming that people's convenient access to them would have changed their minds is without any logical basis.

You'll agree that CADing a gun is easier than building one from scratch, no?

Who builds from scratch? You buy an 80% lower (finished it) and then purchase all the other equally untraceable parts. Access to routers and drill presses is far more common than 3D-printers.

And has been mentioned, when it comes to metal detectors there's still the matter of barrels and ammunition. But don't fear, tech on that front has advanced too. The airport machines can detect a piece of paper in your pocket. Something doesn't have to be metal to be spotted. Outside of airports I'm not sure where the concern is. Any other place with security and the gunman just shoots them first.

Come on dude. We already have guns untraceable to current ownership thanks to private sales and the option to build one's own. Where's this domino effect, other than in your imagination?

Sorry you don't like the Constitution. I hope you never reference it in support of the other rights it protects. And give us a break on what you claim the founders would do. The federal government wasn't supposed to deprive the people of arms. You claiming that people's convenient access to them would have changed their minds is without any logical basis.

Who builds from scratch? You buy an 80% lower (finished it) and then purchase all the other equally untraceable parts. Access to routers and drill presses is far more common than 3D-printers.

And has been mentioned, when it comes to metal detectors there's still the matter of barrels and ammunition. But don't fear, tech on that front has advanced too. The airport machines can detect a piece of paper in your pocket. Something doesn't have to be metal to be spotted. Outside of airports I'm not sure where the concern is. Any other place with security and the gunman just shoots them first.
I’ve posted before on this subject, about 15 years ago my Uncle had something on the order of a dozen or more long guns stolen from his house; to this date ZERO of his guns have popped back up, all of them were purchased by him thru an FFL, none have gone back to an FFL, they’ve most likely traded hands multiple times (original thieves were caught, with the Super Nintendo and other crap, but guns weren’t recovered) and still haven’t thrown an alert to the stolen firearm database

I’ve posted before on this subject, about 15 years ago my Uncle had something on the order of a dozen or more long guns stolen from his house; to this date ZERO of his guns have popped back up, all of them were purchased by him thru an FFL, none have gone back to an FFL, they’ve most likely traded hands multiple times (original thieves were caught, with the Super Nintendo and other crap, but guns weren’t recovered) and still haven’t thrown an alert to the stolen firearm database

I live in a state with a registry. Let's say I couldn't just move to another state without one and dispose of my firearms through untraceable private sales. There's still the issue of gun owners dying. Not much recourse when an heir (or thieving relative) doesn't register themselves as the new owner. I sure as fuck ain't gonna care if whoever gets my guns puts themselves on a government watch list.

I'm sorry OP. You're a little behind the curve here on what's legal and what isn't with regards to firearms.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/08/3d-printed-gun-website-yanks-cad-files-after-federal-judicial-order/?amp=1

Essentially, 8 states standing as plaintiffs (supported by aother 20 not listed as official plaintiffs) have caused an injunction against this jolly group of staggeringly stupid people to be able to share CADs for guns. There really is no hope that this cat (or CAD hrhrhrhr) will be back in the bag ever again, but at least one can hope that this scum will not be able to make money off of it, or at least not this way. This country is not intelligent enough to handle untraceable guns.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cody-w...nted-gun-blueprints-from-being-posted-online/

Can't stop progress.

Im sure he's convinced ammo will be printed too
3D printed Gun shooting 3D printed bullets:

Human beings are an amazing creature. If presented with a problem, we'll find our way to a solution.

I would normally agree, but your very existence proves that evolution can and, sometimes, does work backwards - a regress, if you will

Whether you like it or not, the era of gun control is now over.

The state can no longer simply pick and choose who does and doesn't get to possess arms in any corner of the world.

For better, and for worse, we now live in a world where the individual can no longer be so easily trampled.

Whether you like it or not, the era of gun control is now over.

The state can no longer simply pick and choose who does and doesn't get to possess arms in any corner of the world.

For better, and for worse, we now live in a world where the individual can no longer be so easily trampled.

#prepper #duckdynasty #cousinlove

I will just say this. 3d printing is a LOT of work. Unless you have a VERY good model, or you really know what the heck you are doing and have TONS of time to watch the printer working properly or not , all you will be able to make is something like this.

bedadherence-fail_1_watermark_1000x759.jpg

I will just say this. 3d printing is a LOT of work. Unless you have a VERY good model, or you really know what the heck you are doing and have TONS of time to watch the printer working properly or not , all you will be able to make is something like this.

Yeah... okay

I’ve had 3 failed prints in the last 30-40... with a proper setup that’s a rarity

In the 1770s, when he was in Paris, Benjamin Franklin witnessed the flight of one of the first hot-air balloons. As the balloon soared into the air, someone asked Franklin: “What good is it?” Franklin responded: “What good is a new-born baby?"

Progress always requires a first step.

Back