Deep Thoughts by Luke Thomas (racism)

elbowsandwiches

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Woodley: ...."Haha! I got the title now! fuck the #1 contender!....fuck rankings, and fuck legitimizing this sport to find out who the baddest man on the planet is,.....SO I CAN MAKE SUM $$$ biotches!"

MMA Fan: ..."well that's kinda shitty, you haven't even defended your title once to even have the grounds to say such a thing, dude youre acting very douchy about this....at least conor moved up a weigh class to challenge RDA, and hendo has earned the gift of a title shot before retiring.....wtf are you doing Woodley?"

Luke Thomas: ...."wow, such racism in this sport."

MMA Fan: ..."what?...do we not root for uriah hall every time he fights? Did we not love Kimbo (out of your own mouth btw)?, do we not love rampage and silva?....we even rooted for Jones on his comeback from hitting a pregnant white lady ffs!!... What does race have to do with anything??"

Luke Thomas: ...."youre racist by default because you have white skin."

Can we all agree that Luke Thomas is the unwise king of the donks here?....creating social justice issues from thin air?

Can we all agree that Luke Thomas is the unwise king of the donks here?....creating social justice issues from thin air?

Luke Thomas being an overly sensitive SJW retard is one of the few things Sherdog has come to a consensus on.

you are reaching a bit no?

Don't care, I don't really like LT either.

Sherdogian over-characterization and misrepresentation?

...is normal

Can we all agree that you made that quote up and that you don't really understand the context of his remarks? There seems to be an anti-Luke Thomas coalition on these boards, which is fine, but at least be on point with your criticism and tell people what he actually says and give the proper context.

Most mma fans are racist and don't like to be reminded of that fact.

can't listen to Luke Thomas
for more than a few seconds
so don't really know what his views are

Can we all agree that you made that quote up and that you don't really understand the context of his remarks? There seems to be an anti-Luke Thomas coalition on these boards, which is fine, but at least be on point with your criticism and tell people what he actually says and give the proper context.

Preach

huh? he says mma community is largely racist all the time on his show and the mma beat

Luke Thomas is a goddamn moron. Yes, there is racism. Yes, even in MMA. Yes, some fans don't like certain fighters because of the color of their skin. But Jon Jones is hated by a lot of fans for some very good reasons at this point - his dirty fighting tactics (eye pokes), his positive drug test results, his complete lack of empathy for other people, playing the victim card every time he fucks up, etc.

Woodley is hated because he calls out the fans instead of other fighters and also because he's coming off a KO win over a fan-favorite (Robbie Lawler).

It wouldn't matter if both were white. There are very good, very legitimate reasons why people dislike these fighters, and race has nothing to do with it (for the majority of the fans, anyway - I'm sure there's some fans who dislike Woodley and Jones based on their skin color, but they're in the minority).

When you pretend everything boils down to racism, you're just as ignorant and just as stupid as the people who actually do hate these fighters because of their skin color.

We can all agree that you're a retard if you thought it needed to be said that he made up this obvious parody conversation.

We can all agree that you're a retard if you thought it needed to be said that he made up this obvious parody conversation.

I know that you know that I know that it was a made up quote. My point is that if you're making a claim, you can't just make a bullshit conversation up that falsely represents reality, and then expect a reasonable discussion based on that.

This is what I hear when Luke talks about racism:

But, to be fair, this is what I hear when Woodley talks about racism:

It seems like everyone is upset with Luke Thomas for reasons that amount to him having opinions but I don't know. He seems kind of rough around the edges the few times I've seen him talk. The scenario you laid out in the OP is funny though because you act like the fans that hate Woodley are that civil and rational about it. Also there is no justifying Henderson's gift title shot.

huh? he says mma community is largely racist all the time on his show and the mma beat

You do realize that Woodley made the race comment first, right? Luke is just discussing what he said, and as an MMA journalist, that's his job. You might not agree with his conclusions, but your false characterizations just make you look dumb.

Most mma fans are racist and don't like to be reminded of that fact.

The first part of this comment is baseless, the second is silly. Maybe mma fans don't like being called racists for the same reason that non-racists don't like being called a racist...it's a fucking insult

Back