Deep frying turkey....

Nah, I love turkey and eat it all the time. Like any meat besides a well seared quality steak, it needs seasoning, but it's quite juicy and deliciously tender when cooked properly.

Plus it's an excuse to make homemade cranberry sauce and a great excuse, at that.
Turkey is the worst part of thanksgiving. Any meat that needs to be slathered in gravy and cranberry sauce to be enjoyable isn’t worthy of a holiday

Fat is good for you. Processed carbs kill you.

I think i depends of the types of fat. Transfats comes from deep frying and will put you in an early grave. Saturated fats and omega 3 like salmon for example will extend your life. Processed carbs are poison as well. So, to summarize:
1. Stick with saturated fats like salmon, etc...
2. Stick with low glycemic carbs like aldente pasta. Not straight sugar that shit will kill you.

It's overrated. I tried it one year. You get crispy(almost glass like) skin and burnt meat outside of the core. The core ain't anything to write home about either.

It was a fad for a reason.

yea its pretty good, been doin it almost every year for past few years

Whoever made yours fucked something up then.

They(me) just dunked it until it was done. Not a winner. Although, it's possible I fucked it up. I could see dunking it for a bit, and then finishing it off in the oven once it's all sealed.

Either way, too much trouble.

They(me) just dunked it until it was done. Not a winner. Although, it's possible I fucked it up. I could see dunking it for a bit, and then finishing it off in the oven once it's all sealed.

Either way, too much trouble.
I like you heretic, but you fucked that 6 ways from Sunday. Give it another go one day properly when you get the chance. Normally I fucking hate turkey because it's so bland and dry, then I got drunk, bought a turkey cooker, and the rest is, well stomach contents.

I think i depends of the types of fat. Transfats comes from deep frying and will put you in an early grave. Saturated fats and omega 3 like salmon for example will extend your life. Processed carbs are poison as well. So, to summarize:
1. Stick with saturated fats like salmon, etc...
2. Stick with low glycemic carbs like aldente pasta. Not straight sugar that shit will kill you.

The whole transfat scare was put out by the sugar companies to take attention away from sugar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.amp.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat

It's overrated. I tried it one year. You get crispy(almost glass like) skin and burnt meat outside of the core. The core ain't anything to write home about either.

I'm thinking a smaller turkey would be better to avoid this.....

Turkey is the worst part of thanksgiving. Any meat that needs to be slathered in gravy and cranberry sauce to be enjoyable isn’t worthy of a holiday
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you've never had someone cook a turkey that actually knew what they were doing. I've had many that were juicy, flavorful and didn't require any additional assistance from sauces or gravies.

I feel a little bad for you, honestly. Not one person in your family can properly cook a turkey. That's pretty pathetic.

Lol @ not knowing how to fry a turkey and then using the understandably poor end result as credible reasoning why it's bad.

I thought most adults normally possessed higher functioning critical thinking skills.

Best part of thanksgiving is nibbling on the crispy bits right after the turkey comes out the fryer.

I did a trial run on my rotisserie yesterday.

A 12lb turkey took 1 hour 45 minutes.

Came out amazing.

Will save my wife hours in the kitchen next week.

I thought that deep frying a turkey was an Aqua Teen hunger force joke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back