Deconstructing MMA Myths... [Part 38] - Re-ass-essin´di Atomic Butt Drop...

I came here fully intending on being a smart ass, but I enjoyed the thread thoroughly. In some ways this scoring system is superior to everything we have to endure today. Anything that incentivizes finishes is always better.
gono btw rounds 8 clap.gif

Randy Coture’s commentry during the “atomic butt drop” was awesome.

Bas lost it.

was a great fight the real winner was the fans.
If you blink,...

...the pic...

photo wand vs hunto.gif

What you gottah do...

wand vs hunto Rd 1 - 19.gif wand vs hunto Rd 1 - 20.gif wand vs hunto Rd 1 - 21.gif

One of the most respectable Sherdog posters of all time. Respect.

Excellent take on a legendary fight. What u have against putting “g” at the end of words?;)

Great work T.S

If we adopted the modern judging criteria used in the UFC...today does it change anything?

Everyone says Pride fc judging was better..

How does this one play out?

Great work T.S

If we adopted the modern judging criteria used in the UFC...today does it change anything?

Everyone says Pride fc judging was better..

How does this one play out?

chow2.gif

Everythin´... especially Ricco vs Nog...

Less sophisticated, UFC actually acknowledged it when they reformed the Scorin´System, admittin´that the Grapplin´part had been historically neglected...:

2. Striking and Grappling:

Striking and Grappling are now considered to be given equal weight.
The old scoring system rewarded striking (as a primary consideration) more than grappling.
Mixed Martial Arts is based on two skill sets - striking and grappling.
The committee felt that grappling should not be a secondary factor in determining the outcome of a match.
Grappling has a definitive skill set and athleticism and offensive capabilities which when used correctly can effectively end a fight.
As such grappling skills should be rewarded and given equal weight to striking.

Last edited:
View attachment 822830

Everythin´... especially Ricco vs Nog...

Less sophisticated, UFC actually acknowledged it when they reformed the Scorin´System, admittin´that the Grapplin´part had been historically neglected...:

2. Striking and Grappling:

Striking and Grappling are now considered to be given equal weight.
The old scoring system rewarded striking (as a primary consideration) more than grappling.
Mixed Martial Arts is based on two skill sets - striking and grappling.
The committee felt that grappling should not be a secondary factor in determining the outcome of a match.
Grappling has a definitive skill set and athleticism and offensive capabilities which when used correctly can effectively end a fight.
As such grappling skills should be rewarded and given equal weight to striking.

So if we scored this with UFC criteria..

Hunt would of won no?

Or am i misunderstanding

Great technical breakdown..love the GIF work...wish i used more in my threads lol

Appreciate your efforts, and do tune in sometimes friend to these threads.
Liked the Vale Tudo stuff and the Pride stuff is cool also.

But I hope you do have a balanced and healthy life outside of this obsession also,or can aspire to one.

Maybe an aim for 2021 , get off that computer more! It will do you good.

Appreciate your efforts, and do tune in sometimes friend to these threads.

But I hope you do have a balanced and healthy life outside of this obsession also,or can aspire to one.

What a stupid comment. What this has to do with anything, if the man has a life or not? He is one of the best posters with a top opinion among all Sherdoggers, hands down.

Maybe you are the one who doesn't have a life to make comments like this. Maybe you need to take care of your own life, stupid.

So if we scored this with UFC criteria..

Hunt would of won no?

Or am i misunderstanding

Great technical breakdown..love the GIF work...wish i used more in my threads lol
Problem is... UFC´s main paradigm [ground control] is historically huge to overcome... & that´s exactly what Wand got here... jus´like Ricco vs Nog...

Appreciate your efforts, and do tune in somet;imes friend to these threads.

Helax... This shit is like 1% of the time dedicated to all my researches:

Gono´s been travellin´round the world since 1998, 5 continents...hasnt gone back 'home' since 2004...

Dont worry´bout poor Gono...

gono believe me.gif

I always thought this decsion was clear cut and non controversial. Hunt obviously won. His reaction to the decision was probably due to self dissapointment.

I always thought this decsion was clear cut and non controversial. Hunt obviously won. His reaction to the decision was probably due to self dissapointment.
The potentially controversial angle of that decision is about how 'abrupt' that Scorin´System´s slidin´scale [between the 2 main criteria & the other minor ones] really is...

Back