deck of cards conditioning

desertbake

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm gonna start using a deck of cards for some variety in my conditioning. 4 suits = 4 diff exercises, numbers = reps, jack =11, queen=12, etc. I'm gonna do burpees with pushups for one suit, and was thinking knuckle pushups for another suit.

Any suggestions for exercises for the other two suits? I want to be able to do this with zero equipment.

I heard someone at my gym talking about flipping through a deck of cards and doing different exercises.

I watched some crappy movie where a guy in prison does just pushups with a deck of cards. I couldn't finish all of it.

chins, v-ups, mountain climbers, hindu pushups

Hindu push ups...8 count bodybuilders...4 count scissors kicks...and chins

4 count scissor kicks is new to me, what is it? A good gpp movement?

I don't know if he "invented" the deck of cards workout, but Dan Gable used to do it.

The four count scissor kicks are brutal. They're part of the qualifying requirments for Navy Seals, Pararescue, Rangers, ets... You lay on your back and bring both legs off the ground about an inch or so high. Then you bring one leg up to a vertical position froming a 90% angle with your legs. When you leg gets all the way up, you bring it back down and repeat with the opposite leg. Your hip flexors and lower abs will hate for this, but it gets better with practice. When your right leg has gone up twice and returned to the starting position, that is one rep. Hence the "four" count. See if you can do 40. good luck.

Pistols dips, lunges, chins, back extensions are all good excercises for the deck of cards thing too.

I'm going to try this tonight.
My four suits are going to be:
Pushups (with lots of variations)
Situps (again, with variations)
Squats (ditto on the variations)
Pullups

Hearts = pushup burpees
Diamonds = knuckle pushups
Spades = squats
Clubs = 4 counts scissors
Joker = 15 of everything

Scissor kicks are also known as flutter kicks. They're fucking awesome. Mix those up with V-ups, and you've got a recipe for misery. Burpees and eight count pushups are versions of the same thing. I've also seen them called man-makers.

See if you can get someone to show you atomic situps. I bet you can't even do one.

I'd never heard of this before - Great idea. I thought initially you would be tearing a deck of cards.

cfiore6006 said:
Scissor kicks are also known as flutter kicks. They're fucking awesome. Mix those up with V-ups, and you've got a recipe for misery. Burpees and eight count pushups are versions of the same thing. I've also seen them called man-makers.

See if you can get someone to show you atomic situps. I bet you can't even do one.

Atomic situps are for advanced athletes only and they require two "spotters". Procede with caution. If you can do one, your life will change....

I do the deck of cards with pushups, hindu squats, burpees, and some sort of ab work
i do it jack=11, queen=13, king=15, ace= 20 joker=25

anyone have a vid of these atomic pushups? i read a description and what i got out of it is basically it is a v-up almost?

I'm sorry, but why the heck do you need a deck of cards for that?

Back