Decisions where I disagree with majority of fans

How? Henderson clearly outstruck Cerrone in the first two rounds.

That was incomprehensibly bad decision, and Cerrone pretty much got a pass for it. The reason that people didn't get pissed was because Benson had been gifted so many ridiculous decisions himself.
Those front foot side kicks too the knee don't count for shit in my book. EFFECTIVE striking, grappling, aggressiion and octagon control

* I felt that Cerrone defeated Henderson the first time they fought but Benson defeated Cerrone the 2nd time they fought
* I felt that Diego Sanchez was the rightful winner against Martin Kampmann
* I felt that Cejudo was the rightful winner against DJ
* I felt that Rustam Khabilov lost his fights against Masvidal, Kajan Johnson, and Desmond Green
* I felt that Desmond Green defeated Michel Prazeres
* I felt that Mousasi rightfully defeated Alexander Shlemenko
* I felt Jacare defeated Yoel Romero
* I felt Nunes rightfully defeated Shevchenko
* I felt Nate Diaz defeated McGregor in the 2nd fight
* I felt Nate Diaz defeated Dong Hyun Kim
* I felt Guida rightfully defeated Pettis
* I felt Eddie Alvarez rightfully defeated Pettis

I was about to make a thoughtful response until I read "Stephens beat Pettis." If Thompson and Pettis were fighting in the street without a referee, then Pettis would have killed Thompson. So, Pettis won the real fight.

If you say MMA is a sport and not a real fight, then Pettis won in the most conclusive way of winning the sport.

So, Pettis won the game and fight, and that is the highest level of winning in a combat sport which has objective and subjective criteria for deciding the winner.

Conclusion, if you believe Thompson won versus Pettis, then I can't take you seriously. How can an objective (as defined by the rules of the sport, but that also matches real life situations) be questioned?

Lol. Jeremy Stephens.

The one that really stands out is Rampage v Machida.

But people just hate it when a guy ekes out 2 rounds and gets dominated in the other. It frustrates me too, but I don't let that hate disrupt rational 'ten point must' fight analysis. I mean cmon, no one actually thinks BJ took 2 rounds from GSP. But lots of folks think (or claim to think) that BJ "shoulda won".

Oh, and I thought Vera should have beat Couture. But none of us understood how the scoring for wall-n-stall worked until that fight. Obviously Couture did.

Last edited:
Agreed that Serra beat Penn.

Edgar beat Aldo the 1st time.

Shogun beat Gus.

Sherk beat Dunham.

Back