Decisions where I disagree with majority of fans

Ricco beat big Nog
Condit beat Diaz
Sexyama beat Belcher
Ninja beat decision Dan

I can see how you could score Lee over Iaquinta using the 10 point must system.

Condits first fight with Kampmann was a robbery imo.
Agreed. That's a fight I rewatch 2 or 3 times a year and I have condit winning every time. It was close but he was the one doing more damage. Great fight, and one of the best ufc debut fights ever.

For me it’s Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann. 29-28 Sanchez. I felt GSP/Hendricks and Jones-Gus could be argued both ways but I like the idea of the champ getting the nod in a close round.
That's insane to me given kampmann spent the entire fight turning Diego into raw hamburger. Diegos only success was cornering him against the cage a few times. And when he wasn't doing that he was getting his ass beat.

I thought Serra beat Penn, Cerrone beat Henderson, Vitor beat Tito, and Stephens beat Pettis

Anyone else have opinions like that.

How? Henderson clearly outstruck Cerrone in the first two rounds.

That was incomprehensibly bad decision, and Cerrone pretty much got a pass for it. The reason that people didn't get pissed was because Benson had been gifted so many ridiculous decisions himself.

Gus beat Jones

GSP beat Hendricks

Condit beat Diaz

For me it’s Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann. 29-28 Sanchez. I felt GSP/Hendricks and Jones-Gus could be argued both ways but I like the idea of the champ getting the nod in a close round.
Legit the only person I've ever seen score that for Sanchez (except for the judges)

I think bisping should have won against chael

This, and Benson/Edgar2, are the only decisions I think the judges got it wrong, and I'm glad they did.

Everyone wanted to see Silva/Sonnen2.

And I was so very sick of Edgar's LW title reign. A year of BJ/Edgar1&2, then a year of Maynard/Edgar2&3, and a year of Benson/Edgar1&2.

Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for Edgar, and they were all entertaining fights, but I was so damn sick of instant rematches.

I believe all Gamebred's split losses are wins and all his split wins are losses

And Condit was robbed against Lawler, Hendricks, Kampmann.

Mighty Mouse lost to Migues Torres.

Jones lost to Bonnar.

Free Diaz!

Lol - too many people putting up the popular sides of who people thought won.
I'm,, like , confused now. * someone will now open a topic on this.

Again- I'm a bit confused now but I THINK I'm going AGSINST popular opinion.

I thought Jones did edge out Gus
I also thought T.J won significant strike battle as champ vs Cruz, hence he shouldve retained ( meaning close fight but he had the more telling blows).

Those 2 off top of my head IF IN FACT they are against popular opinion.

Controversial decisions that were correct:

Dan Henderson beat Rich Franklin 29-28.

Carlos Condit beat Nick Diaz and I'm still baffled how this could remotely be scored differently. To this day, that is the biggest WTF sherdog has thrown at us.

Forest Griffin soundly outpointed Rampage for 3 or 4 rounds. Nothing controversial about it.

Michael Bisping beat Dan Henderson in the second fight via the scoring criteria. (Big Hendo fan)

Lol - too many people putting up the popular sides of who people thought won.
I'm,, like , confused now. * someone will now open a topic on this.

Again- I'm a bit confused now but I THINK I'm going AGSINST popular opinion.

I thought Jones did edge out Gus
I also thought T.J won significant strike battle as champ vs Cruz, hence he shouldve retained ( meaning close fight but he had the more telling blows).

Those 2 off top of my head IF IN FACT they are against popular opinion.
Yeah, good call on the TJ vs Cruz fight. Agree with Jones beating Gus as well. Only one we will probably disagree on is Hendo/Franklin. :D

Yeah, good call on the TJ vs Cruz fight. Agree with Jones beating Gus as well. Only one we will probably disagree on is Hendo/Franklin. :D
Lol- yeah I actually did think Rich did more standing than Hendo did while he was on top but to my credit - I rarely mention it and never called it a robbery .

GSP beat Hendricks imo. People always throw the media picks at me, but fights aren't scored as a whole. Especially at that time. Going by the unified rules GSP won 3 rounds, he won the fight.

Also not MMA, but this is the only place I get this argument. How did anyone see GGG beating Canelo the second time? I went into the rematch hating on Canelo, and fully conducting the Golovkin Train, but man Canelo put it on him. Teddy Atlas conned you guys.
I feel like most want justice for the robbery that was the first fight. GGG won it by at least two rounds. Second fight was even at best, being generous to GGG, but I thought Canelo did enough to get the W.

Back