Decided to ask this here

A lot of this BS could be avoided if firearms had a 'title' registration associated with them. Doing a point to point sell, would involve a transfer of weapon title, same as with selling a car, and would make it easier to track down and punish assholes who let their pieces get stolen or who allow their firearms to be used in the commission of a crime.

It would also allow you to have your property returned to you if stolen and later recovered or at the least claim insurance from theft/destruction. assuming of course firearm insurance ever becomes a thing...

Yes, damn those worth POS's whose homes get broken into and have things stolen from them. It's obviously their fault and not the little bitch that breaks in and steals it because they're too fucking lazy to get a job and just "wanna keep it gangsta, cuz".

They should totally be punished for it.

A lot of this BS could be avoided if firearms had a 'title' registration associated with them. Doing a point to point sell, would involve a transfer of weapon title, same as with selling a car, and would make it easier to track down and punish assholes who let their pieces get stolen or who allow their firearms to be used in the commission of a crime.

It would also allow you to have your property returned to you if stolen and later recovered or at the least claim insurance from theft/destruction. assuming of course firearm insurance ever becomes a thing...

Or they could have something like a serial number on them and you could not be a lazy fuck having the government keep track of it for you and the same thing is accomplished. Fuck man, have you ever even seen a weapon, fuck. Insurance crazy thing that most people have

Or they could have something like a serial number on them and you could not be a lazy fuck having the government keep track of it for you and the same thing is accomplished. Fuck man, have you ever even seen a weapon, fuck. Insurance crazy thing that most people have

That too.

No. Stop spamming the forum with your BS.

I don't think you have an understanding of registering as NFA and the tax imposed under such. That and the extra involvement of the BATF

I do. I re read the full section of the quote. But the general idea of having a little more paperwork or other truly small measures isn't that big of a deal. If they can make it truly easy. But many gun owners are completely against anything new regardless of how small it might or might not be. I think it's a bad idea.

A little more paperwork?

Month's wait, will be longer; a $200 tax stamp, will be raised; being subject to ATF inspections is all little stuff to you?

It would be a fucking nightmare. We all know why the government is trying to do this, it has nothing about safety. It's about control and the gradual chipping away of the 2nd Amendment.

If this new AWB passes and people actually give up or register their guns they're fools.

A little more paperwork?

Month's wait, will be longer; a $200 tax stamp, will be raised; being subject to ATF inspections is all little stuff to you?

Good lord. That proposed legislation is crazy as Hell. You know that woman has never shot a gun. She'd probably like it if she did then we could just all move on.
I think a good rule of thumb is that as long as the President has SS agents with firearms, we should have firearms. Is my life any less valuable than his?

Oh no, she's shot before. She used to carry a gun (she may still, don't know). Some animals are more equal than others.

Good lord. That proposed legislation is crazy as Hell. You know that woman has never shot a gun. She'd probably like it if she did then we could just all move on.
I think a good rule of thumb is that as long as the President has SS agents with firearms, we should have firearms. Is my life any less valuable than his?

Oh no, she's shot before. She used to carry a gun (she may still, don't know). Some animals are more equal than others.

I'm half surprised and half not. I am shaking my head though.

A little more paperwork?

It already takes months right now I can't imagine how long it would take when millions of Americans have to go through this process. This is straight from her website. These grandfathered weapons would include most guns that people own since her ban includes anything with a detachable magazine.

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

So our glocks and M&P's etc will be treated like machine guns. I heard that it would take months just to get paperwork completed just to travel across state lines with your NFA regulated firearms.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

It already takes months right now I can't imagine how long it would take when millions of Americans have to go through this process. This is straight from her website. These grandfathered weapons would include most guns that people own since her ban includes anything with a detachable magazine.

I looked into get an accessory that required a NFA tax stamp. I nearly pulled the trigger (so to speak) on it and then thought better of spending $1000 and waiting six months or more... Glad I did too, because I'm sure that wait just got a whole lot longer and potentially won't be granted at this point anyways.

I read somewhere that she surrendered his weapon and permit. But that was AFTER she got a ton of press for trying to board a commercial flight with it in her purse...

Back