December 12th DAZN Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev

None of the orgs have that much prestige. We the fans, know who is the best. And we know what fights need to be made to prove it. He has other belts anyway. Whoever would end up with the vacated ibf belt wouldn't be argued as somehow more legit than Joshua. But I guess its about being a title holder these days instead of the baddest man
Oh, I agree with that. That wasn't really what I was getting at though.

Right. org ordered fights weren't that respected when Whyte was ordered to fight Ortiz.
Whyte was also ordered to fight Pulev for IBF mandatory and Whyte pulled out of that lol

I don't put a lot of stock into the lineal because of how inconsistent people are when defining it. Anybody else who retied when called it, means it got vacated but Fury can retire and come back then he's all of a sudden the lineal again. Just seems like a promotional tool.
All those holes and discrepancies will be filled when AJ fights the winner of Fury & Wilder.

Then it has its merit back. Ring Lineal Undisputed and Unified will all be one guy.
Then until he gets beat there can be no other legitimate champ.

All those whole and discrepancies will be filled when AJ fights the winner of Fury & Wilder.

Then it has its merit back. Ring Lineal Undisputed and Unified will all be one guy.
Then until he gets beat there can be no other legitimate champ.
You know me, the lineal wont be legit unless AJ has it. Then I'll be all over it claiming it's the most legit thing in the world ;)

Haven't you guys been saying Wilder has been ducking Whyte for 800 days???
Guess you didnt think the mandatory he fought was that important then.
I am not getting into this again go back over the posts.....Breazeale should not have been mandatory but he was made it (for some unknown reason) so wilder had to face him.....wilder should have fought whyte and not re-matched ortiz

What a strange question. What is this obsession with the IBF belt all of a sudden? Was there a boost in prestige it got that I missed a memo on? Did I miss another memo on Pulev being such a necessary, legacy defining fight? Like I said...take an accessory like the ibf belt and use it as a proxy for actually building a legacy. Smh

Seriously, if he's that good, he can just pick the ibf belt up again later.
Your saying he should drop the belt and fight someone else I am asking who?

Your saying he should drop the belt and fight someone else I am asking who?

Pick from the list. You got 4 different top 10 rankings (which btw, Pulev only appears on 2) he can choose from.

The real question is, what is so important about this fight to you?

Pick from the list. You got 4 different top 10 rankings (which btw, Pulev only appears on 2) he can choose from.

The real question is, what is so important about this fight to you?
TBH I don't see any real better alternative until Fury and Wilder end their love fest. Might as well have the fight to keep the belt (not that its my favourite of his belts)

I am not getting into this again go back over the posts.....Breazeale should not have been mandatory but he was made it (for some unknown reason) so wilder had to face him.....wilder should have fought whyte and not re-matched ortiz

By "you guys" you mean Dillian Whyte
Says not going to get into it....proceeds to get into it then makes an additional post asking question pertaining to it. Lol

There is no science or math behind who a mandatory is. Thats why people think its funny now all of a sudden AJ fans areso supportive of a mandatory for one guy and not the other. Its subjective, leaves room for politics and is rarely the best fight to make.

TBH I don't see any real better alternative until Fury and Wilder end their love fest. Might as well have the fight to keep the belt (not that its my favourite of his belts)

Id like to see usk tbh. TBF, the wilder v fury automatic 3rd fight kind of leaves him in limbo

Thats why people think its funny now all of a sudden AJ fans areso supportive of a mandatory for one guy and not the other. Its subjective, leaves room for politics and is rarely the best fight to make.
You're twisting what is being said at no point did I say Wilder shouldn't have fought his mandatory I was challenging who that mandatory was

Id like to see usk tbh. TBF, the wilder v fury automatic 3rd fight kind of leaves him in limbo
I don't think the third fight in automatic but more like 50/50 yeah I wouldn't mind the Uysk fight either but happy to see Pulev and then winner of Uysk vs Parker after

I don't think the third fight in automatic but more like 50/50 yeah I wouldn't mind the Uysk fight either but happy to see Pulev and then winner of Uysk vs Parker after

I can't see Hearn allowing AJ to be an intermission fight between the 2nd and 3rd Fury wilder fight.

That's the problem. He wants to be the unified champ, but not the real champ.

who’s the real champ then? The 2 fellas with the belts, or the one that got busted for cheating and retired?

Back