December 12th DAZN Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Last edited:
I hope he doesn’t get stripped of the WBO. If he does, hopefully he gets a chance to get it back by facing the winner of Usyk/Parker. Gotta be a pretty frustrating situation. A Joshua/Wilder fight feels so far out of reach

"
20200121_163358.jpg
"

...Before people try to claim this is some great resume lifting fight

I hope he doesn’t get stripped of the WBO. If he does, hopefully he gets a chance to get it back by facing the winner of Usyk/Parker. Gotta be a pretty frustrating situation. A Joshua/Wilder fight feels so far out of reach

I think that’s the reason they are taking pulev first. If they lose the wbo it’s far easier to get a fight made with usyk (and parker if he’s the the opponent). In fact it would probably be the next fight.
It’s the right route if he does still want to try and unify

Was expected...makes sense for all parties.

I think that’s the reason they are taking pulev first. If they lose the wbo it’s far easier to get a fight made with usyk (and parker if he’s the the opponent). In fact it would probably be the next fight.
It’s the right route if he does still want to try and unify
Makes the Usyk vs AJ fight 10x bigger

I've argued pages upon pages over this but people still can't see it

Makes the Usyk vs AJ fight 10x bigger

I've argued pages upon pages over this but people still can't see it

I personally think the main reason is because Hearn has a business relationship with usyk and Parker already. Usyk wants to fight the best, to challenge himself, and Parker has something to prove in a rematch. Who knows if pulev will fight Joshua? He’ll be a champion in his own right, he won’t need to if he doesn’t want to

I personally think the main reason is because Hearn has a business relationship with usyk and Parker already. Usyk wants to fight the best, to challenge himself, and Parker has something to prove in a rematch. Who knows if pulev will fight Joshua? He’ll be a champion in his own right, he won’t need to if he doesn’t want to
I was kinda hoping for Chisora vs Usyk but Parker does deserve it more...he was wbo champ i believe when aj fought him so he's rightfully in the mix from that perspective as well

.......any reason why it wouldn’t be whyte vs uysk

The only downside is that Parker might defeat Usyk. Then we’ll have to watch a rematch of one of dullest heavyweight fights of recent memory.

He does have the best resume in the division though
If you judge it by most depth, he has the most depth by far. So that's one way of looking at it. I would say he has the best resume according to that criteria.

Fury and Wilder will have the best fighters in the division on their resume though multiple times. Fury and Wilder are better names than anybody on Joshua's resume by far (if you consider Wlads state due to age, layoff/retirement, and thrashing bt Fury). I'm sure some will look at it like that.

.......any reason why it wouldn’t be whyte vs uysk
I think Whyte got removed from the WBO rankings when the WBC moved him up to Interim champion.

Its a decent win to add to the resume, not a huge career defining win but a pretty solid one.

Not particularly interested in seeing it though personally, i'd much rather see the Usyk fight.
Still better than 99% of Fury's and Wilder's wins tbh.

Its a decent win to add to the resume, not a huge career defining win but a pretty solid one.

Not particularly interested in seeing it though personally, i'd much rather see the Usyk fight.
Decent, ehh....in a paper thin division.
I honestly dont care about Wilder Fury or Joshua fighting anybody other than eachother.

I wish Pulev and Usyk could fight each other for the chance to fight AJ while he rematched Whyte.

I wish Pulev and Usyk could fight each other for the chance to fight AJ while he rematched Whyte.
Or just have someone within 10 years of their physical prime in Parker fight Usyk....

Why is Pulev even here again? Aside from obvious cannon fodder....

Back