[DEBUNKED] Reebok deal getting worse and worse: $3 per kit for the fighters

what is "fair" for the fighters to get? You guys realize musicians get like $0.01 from a CD sale right?

Record labels also provide touring, merch, and recording budget to their artists(the bigger ones, at least). Didn't take that into account, did you?

It could be a lot worse.

In the NBA, they can sell 20 million LeBron James jerseys and 200 jerseys for some random bench warmer. Guess what? That bench warmer gets just as much money from those sales as LeBron.

The NBA also doesn't allow you to wear clothing from your sponsors on your way to the arena for a game and while you're leaving.

Tell me again how the UFC is so evil.

If the average UFC fighter had 1/4 of Lebron average salary they wouldn't give a shit about sponsors or uniform cheques.

So that's $30,000 for the fighters. $14,500 to Conor and Ronda eash, $1,000 to the rest of the fighters. Treasures upon treasures......

Not to be a dick, but I'm pretty sure that's not good math.

LOL, comments like this make me laugh, they OWN it, whos going to force them to sell? NO ONE, people have been saying this for years, no they wont sell, want to make a bet? I will bet $1,000 they still own it by 2018.

Force to sell? Are you an idiot?
They would sell because this is the time to sell up before it drops and they lose value, zuffa are about money, they don't give a shit about making this sport grow any more, theyve done there job, they sell up soon after 200 in 16/17 and they get a decent amount for it

They go after that and they lose more money as the stars go and so does the popularity, mma is never going to be huge and it peaked years back, it will always be a niche sport and if u can't see what they are doing right now then you're blind, they want the sport to grow? Yet the way they made it grow years back they are not following that method instead they just spam cards across the world tailored for the casual fan and they bring in a shit deal like reebok where they get. A shit ton of money

I

I worked at concerts for years....and that is comical to think that musicians got all the money from shirt sales.

you think they were made, shipped, packaged, and sold for free? derp

If that was the case Winterland would be out of business

Musicians aren't getting the life beat out of them are they?

Idiot

so someone should automatically get paid well because they pick a dumb profession where they get hit in the head all day? derp

Except when they go on tour (musicians) they keep the proceeds, including the sale of merchandise like t-shirts.

So yes, he used rational, but it was poorly thought-out.

Not to mention most fighters do not get a % of PPV sales (or in this analogy, a record).

The venue and promoter (AEG, Live Nation) gets a cut of all merchandise and tickets sold. Depending on the artist and venue, it could be a small percentage or a bigger one.

The artists are given a guarntee to perform. That's where they make the big money.

Depending on the amount of tickets sold, they can get more money (like PPV sales)

Record labels also provide touring, merch, and recording budget to their artists(the bigger ones, at least). Didn't take that into account, did you?

you mean just like the UFC provides travel, room, board, meals, per diem, etc for their fighters?

Do you think fighters are selling as many shirts as musicians sell their music?

You know better.

So since you sell LESS of your product, you should get a BIGGER cut?

What business school did you go to?

The NBA also doesn't allow you to wear clothing from your sponsors on your way to the arena for a game and while you're leaving.

Tell me again how the UFC is so evil.

I see plenty of players wearing Beats headphones and Nike warmups heading to and from the arena where they are playing.

So you think the fighters and managers that Nash already contacted are lying about the UFC screwing them over???? Until the UFC confirms that they are screwing them over???

Holy shit!! Some of you guys really dont want to believe its this bad, huh? This is incredible.

For someone that says they can read ... you really can't lol

I never said any of that

The UFC also provides touring, fighther merchandise, promotion , marketing, insurance, stipends, lodging for all fighters.

I didn't realize the fighters do all that themselves.

So since you sell LESS of your product, you should get a BIGGER cut?

What business school did you go to?

Oh come on. That's the whole point. The business is taking away their ability to make money from sponsors and then they give them a garbage deal for the forced sponsorship.

You're not dumb but you are really good at pretending you are.

So you think the fighters and managers that Nash already contacted are lying about the UFC screwing them over???? Until the UFC confirms that they are screwing them over???

Holy shit!! Some of you guys really dont want to believe its this bad, huh? This is incredible.

I don't think anyone truly thinks it's a great deal. But most everyone's point is, this isn't some evil doing by the UFC. This thread is full of examples where a chosen profession is getting dicked around when it comes to money.

I worked at concerts for years....and that is comical to think that musicians got all the money from shirt sales.

you think they were made, shipped, packaged, and sold for free? derp

You know what the word proceeds means? That means after they are made, shipped, packaged ect...derp. I can see why you've worked at concerts for years.

Back