[DEBUNKED] Reebok deal getting worse and worse: $3 per kit for the fighters

Zuffa raking in all the $ before they sell up

Won't be long till I'm laughing at some of you guys, mma will get better once these guys actually go

You really think they'll take the route? To who?

At first I wasnt really angry with Reebok about this whole thing but if theyre selling the kits for $80 and giving the fighters only $3 that is a fucking ROBBERY.

My original theory:

the deal was so poorly executed for 3 reasons.

1) It was about concentration of sponsorship money for the UFC.

2) It was about cheap exposure for Reebok.

3) Neither company EVER actually gave a shit about the fighters cut of the deal. That portion was really a PR move and the reason the uniforms look so bad.

But now its like damn. NOTHING about this deal was good for the fighters at all. There was never even the semblance of an idea of doing something good for the athletes.

With the way the deal was implemented, you gotta call a spade a spade.

It could be a lot worse.

In the NBA, they can sell 20 million LeBron James jerseys and 200 jerseys for some random bench warmer. Guess what? That bench warmer gets just as much money from those sales as LeBron.

The NBA also doesn't allow you to wear clothing from your sponsors on your way to the arena for a game and while you're leaving.

Tell me again how the UFC is so evil.

Has anyone mentioned that these Reebok kits are just their crossfit clothes with UFC on them. The literally did no actual work in creating a UFC product.

The crossfit shit is the only thing that has been keeping them in business for the last 5 years or so.

awful. $3 per kit to the fighter. can't even get a meal with that shit.

That's $3 more than I thought the fighters were getting out of this deal.

It could be a lot worse.

In the NBA, they can sell 20 million LeBron James jerseys and 200 jerseys for some random bench warmer. Guess what? That bench warmer gets just as much money from those sales as LeBron.

The NBA also doesn't allow you to wear clothing from your sponsors on your way to the arena for a game and while you're leaving.

The NBA league average salary is 5 million dollars.

"Who wants to be a f'g Reebok fighter?!"--Dana White

:D

I couldn't imagine even a MacGregor one selling more than 20k worldwide. So he'd be taking in $60k. Pathetic.

It could be a lot worse.

UFC Fight Night 73 total sponorship payout $107,500

Tim Kennedy (a mid level fighter) made more than that whole payout.

The only thing this Reebok deal has done is take money away from the fighters

It could be a lot worse.

rory-189.gif

LeBron and co. don't go through this^ to get paid a measly $3 per kit sold.

Brendan Schaub for example went from $100K in sponsorship to around $10K via Reebok.
Anyone willing to take that kind of pay cut without getting stock in the company they work for is beyond crazy.

It is on the first page & Luke Thomas himself "if true", so it isn't confirmed.
It certainly could be though. Most merch deals don't favor the person as much as one would think (but that is low)

He was responding to John Nash (bloodyelbow) who stated that the fighters and managers told him that the fighters cuts were based on existing merchandising agreements. Nash also said that the UFC hadn't responded.

Luke just did the math.

This is in no way out of context. I just know how to read.

what is "fair" for the fighters to get? You guys realize musicians get like $0.01 from a CD sale right?

Zuffa raking in all the $ before they sell up

Won't be long till I'm laughing at some of you guys, mma will get better once these guys actually go

LOL, comments like this make me laugh, they OWN it, whos going to force them to sell? NO ONE, people have been saying this for years, no they wont sell, want to make a bet? I will bet $1,000 they still own it by 2018.

Wow disgusting if true. I expected the suits would get the bulk of the profits but I didn't think it would 97%. I thought Fighters would average 20%. Lowest 10% but 3% is a fucking joke.

And no MMA media will ever ask any questions about this ,ever. Shill Helwani will ignore it

Back