DEATH Triangle training log đź’€

Go get 'em, Little Rex!

LTR is going to do a week of wrestling camp this summer too. Not an overnight thing, not just the local high school/middle school camp. It's still unclear whether his school will have a team for next year or if he'll wrestle for the local public school. Only issue in that case is getting him to practice on time, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Hopefully he has a team for his school. It will be better if its his actual school. More camaraderie and the home duels will be more fun.

Hopefully he has a team for his school. It will be better if its his actual school. More camaraderie and the home duels will be more fun.

The Catholic HS added a team this past year and the word going around is that the coach wants the elementary/middle school to have one to feed into the HS program. I think they'll def have one for his 8th grade year, just a question of whether they can get one for this coming year that fast. The only thing I don't like about his school is the lack of sports. They have basketball and track and that's it. The HS is competitive in football, baseball, lacrosse, etc. They are apparently trying to put a football team together for this year, but I find it hard to believe they'll have enough kids. Waiting to see. If they do, great. If not, he'll just play for the town again.

Tuesday, June 12, 2024

BJJ - Killer Tuesday

10 minutes alternating drilling with partner (basically just working on things we want to work on, 3 and 3) - really just a part of the extended warmup

Seven 6-minute live rounds. Three with black belts, two with brown belts, one with another purple, and one with the big white belt that always asks me to roll. I was fucking dead. I was dripping so much sweat it looked like I had fallen in a pool.

The Catholic HS added a team this past year and the word going around is that the coach wants the elementary/middle school to have one to feed into the HS program. I think they'll def have one for his 8th grade year, just a question of whether they can get one for this coming year that fast. The only thing I don't like about his school is the lack of sports. They have basketball and track and that's it. The HS is competitive in football, baseball, lacrosse, etc. They are apparently trying to put a football team together for this year, but I find it hard to believe they'll have enough kids. Waiting to see. If they do, great. If not, he'll just play for the town again.

That's how the elite HS wrestling programs out here do it - they have a feeder system with their youth program into their HS program. Unfortunately, my son is not in an elite HS program lol. That's sucks about his school not having much sports. I guess, it's a trade off for a higher level of education but it would be nice to have the sports too. Now that I think of it, there is only like one elite catholic HS wrestling program that I know of out here. I don't think Jesus would approve of this, Soc! He wants shooters on his team too dammit!

Walk - 30 minutes, 3.0 mph, 6% incline

Picking up the kid tomorrow. We are going a little early so we can watch "Fight Night" where they have matches but only with takedowns. He's had those every night. He's been doing pretty good, he's 5-2. Not bad since he hasn't practiced or had a match in over a month.

That's how the elite HS wrestling programs out here do it - they have a feeder system with their youth program into their HS program. Unfortunately, my son is not in an elite HS program lol. That's sucks about his school not having much sports. I guess, it's a trade off for a higher level of education but it would be nice to have the sports too. Now that I think of it, there is only like one elite catholic HS wrestling program that I know of out here. I don't think Jesus would approve of this, Soc! He wants shooters on his team too dammit!

Satan fights dirty. JC needs warriors to drop them demons on their stacks of dimes!

W3D2

Deficit deadlifts
135 x 3 x 2
225 x 3 x 2
300 x 3 x 2
365 x 3 x 2
390 x 3 x 4

BP
135 x 6 x 2
195 x 5
235 x 4
275 x 3 x 2
315 x 2 x 3
330 x 2 x 2
315 x 3 x 2

Rackpulls
365 x 4
420 x 4 x 2
480 x 6
540 x 6

Picking up the kid. Watching him get in some last minute work. He's there in the purple shorts.

IMG_6580.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

Last edited:
Walk - 20 minutes, 3.0 mph, 6% incline

So far so good with the pec tendon. Did a shitload of reps of 315 this week and some double of 330. I'm still not entirely confident in it because that's not a lot of weight. I want to get some reps of 365+ and see how it does.

Monday, June 17, 2024

**Info for the friends and well-wishers of the Death Triangle: I have a mild sprain of my MCL. No tear and no surgery needed, so that's good. Recommended I continue giving squats a break until the symptoms are all gone, so it's all upper all the time for now**

Monday, June 17, 2024

Greyskull Week 20/Day 1 - Modified Upper

A. Overhead Press
Bar X 8
65 X 5
75 X 3
85 X 2

95 X 5
95 X 5
95 X 11*
*I failed on my last OHP increase twice, so it was time for a de-load. When I did 95 a month or so ago, I only got 7 reps on the AMRAP set. So I'm 4 reps stronger**

B. Banded Pullups
Blue X 18
Blue X 13
Blue X 12

C. 30 Degree Incline DB Press
35 X 8
40 X 6
45 X 4

50 X 12
50 X 10

D. Ring Rows
Rings 6/Feet on Red Step
BW X 10
BW X 10

E1. Neutral Grip Pullover+Press
38 X 12
38 X 10

E2. 60 Degree Incline DB Curl
17.5 X 12
17.5 X 12

A little over 13K steps for the day.

This week's theme:

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Conditioning - BJJ
#KillerTuesday

Lots of King of the Guard Pass. Guy staying in was passing. Did full guard, lasso guard, half guard, turtle, guy on his side. I may be missing one. 5 minutes per position. First couple rounds I was in a bunch in a row because I made the mistake of "winning."

Four 6-minute rolls. Two black belts, one brown belt and a young white belt (thank God).

Good shit.

But nobody cares about that. You're here because it's #TittyTuesday, so please join me in congratulating Maya for doing her best and working hard in school (probably)!

Stress is the silent killer! Maya is out here doing God's work. I'm proud of you, Maya. 38GG points.

f30e30a6-3da9-4d38-92b0-4e0d83208b12_text.gif

Squat
  • 4 x 7 185 lbs
Bench
  • 4 x 7 155 lbs
OHP
  • 3 x 8 95 lbs
Bent over Row
  • 4 x 12 115 lbs
GHD Back Extension 4 x 12

Had to really humble myself and not just jump right back in to things. Had to base things off a training max instead of true ORM. I usually do true ORM cause I believe my ORM are pretty conservative. Oh well, damn it felt good to get some cold steel in the hands again.

My work schedule has been insane this spring/summer and when I work a lot Fat Roll pops on my shoulders and tells me to get a pizza on the way home or make a trip by Crumbl cause "you deserve it." I hate him so much, he's very convincing. So I'll be battling him for a while but as a great man once said "I'm tired, sore, under the weather, overtrained, under motivated and still tough enough to beat this guy!"

Good day today though, fully hit all macros. Day 1!

1100x800_cropped.jpg

Last edited:

f30e30a6-3da9-4d38-92b0-4e0d83208b12_text.gif

Squat
  • 4 x 7 185 lbs
Bench
  • 4 x 7 155 lbs
OHP
  • 3 x 8 95 lbs
Bent over Row
  • 4 x 12 115 lbs
GHD Back Extension 4 x 12

Had to really humble myself and not just jump right back in to things. Had to base things off a training max instead of true ORM. I usually do true ORM cause I believe my ORM are pretty conservative. Oh well, damn it felt good to get some cold steel in the hands again.

My work schedule has been insane this spring/summer and when I work a lot Fat Roll pops on my shoulders and tells me to get a pizza on the way home or make a trip by Crumbl cause "you deserve it." I hate him so much, he's very convincing. So I'll be battling him for a while but as a great man once said "I'm tired, sore, under the weather, overtrained, under motivated and still tough enough to beat this guy!"

Good day today though, fully hit all macros. Day 1!

ezgif-6-c4539d7372.jpg

giphy.gif

W4D2

BP
135 x 5 x 2
195 x 5
235 x 4
275 x 3 x 2
315 x 3 x 2
330 x 3 x 2

Deadlift
135 x 3 x 2