Death Penalty - for/against?

If we set up an offshore penal colony/labor camp for felons who would be on deathrow so they can earn their daily bread, do you think their products can be more reliable than the stuff made by Chinese slave/child labor?

Im for it for serial killers, but thats about it

Yea life would be shitty after spending 20 years in prison for a crime you didn't commit, but I bet if we ask all the guys who have had that happen to them most of them would be happy that they weren't executed. Wrongful convictions are absolutely a valid argument against the death penalty, and for me personally it's the only reason that I'm against it. Look at that poor guy in Texas, who got executed for burning his house down with his kids inside. It's pretty much accepted now that he was wrongfully convicted. Don't you think he would rather be alive and free now rather than feeding the worms?

I definitely think some criminals need to be put down like the rabid dogs that they are, but cases like the one I mentioned and the whole deal with the FBI bullshitting about DNA evidence for over 20 years gives me pause.
He'd rather be free, but I've seen multiple cases of guys being released after 30 years with nothing after new dna evidence comes to light. These guys have nothing-family gone, no money, no understanding of the modern world. Knowing that this happens, isn't it wrong to imprison people at all?

ehhh Byron??

Yes, absolutely.

If a Drone pilot maliciously commits premeditated murder on civilians, AKA War Crimes - he should face trial, and if found guilty, should be sentenced to death. Even if the victims are third-world farmers across the world.

There is actually precedent for American and British soldiers doing terrible things, and facing execution for their acts.

Law Enforcement and the Military are held to a higher standard, and rightfully so.

Back