Dear Car Guys

Natemac**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Maintaining it doesn't cost much, unless you abuse the car of course. Lexus' are very reliable cars. My mother drives a RX and my pops had an ES and they NEVER gave them problems.

Maintenance on luxury cars will always be higher than other cars.

Unless you are really a baller, buy something cheaper. You will thank me later. Its great for a while and then 2-3 years into it you are like "fuck, I should have gotten something cheaper."

Just my .02

Lexus is cheaper to maintain than the other 2 luxury brands. You don't need synthetic oil and can use Toyota parts.

^ Actually, Synthetic oil is cheaper since you only have do the oil change every 10-15k miles (you should always follow the manual ofc) Also, parts aren't that expensive if you know where to get them online, even for the expensive german makes. If you buy from the dealer or have the shop get the parts you will get royally fooked by insane markups. However, if you get the parts yourself, its not noticeably more expensive at all.

Since you live in the states, premium gas won't cost much more either. Premium gas is taxed like you would not believe in some countries.

no lexus's (lexi) are very well maintained, and the new ones have really nice computer automated suspension and other nice luxuries like real wood panels, noise reduction shit, good brakes , where as a few years ago they were just overpriced fuddy duddy toyotas.

the new camry is really nice

no lexus's (lexi) are very well maintained, and the new ones have really nice computer automated suspension and other nice luxuries like real wood panels, noise reduction shit, good brakes , where as a few years ago they were just overpriced fuddy duddy toyotas.

the new camry is really nice

The new Camry is incredibly sub-par in its class.

whats incredibly supar?

*sub-par.

The engine is sub par to many of its competitors, getting lower horsepower as well as lower mileage.

The exterior is tacky and cheap looking, looks like a car that you'd see in the mid 2000's, not 2012+. Overall its bad, but side profile for the car is especially awful, no curves or lines whatsoever. Just flat.

Interior is ok, but still behind the competitors. Both design and quality is behind.

Toyota dropped the ball hard on their newer models. They may still be the best seller now, but they're losing market share, and for a reason.

Its not that the Camry is a bad car, it's just that it doesn't do anything better than the competitor. Nothing at all.

Really? I think the camry looks great and the suped up ones have very nice interiors. I'll post the other one i looked at. Plus you know you can get 200k+ miles out of one easy

http://www.dryridgetoyota.com/certi...ta-Camry-0b84c6570a0a0065000c9a54464df69a.htm
there^^^^

looks good to me and will easily get another 200,000 miles.

what other car are comparing it to? off the top of my head are the altima, malibu, fusion, and mazda 6. the fusion is pretty, especially that electric blue or whatever it's called, but my 2004 taurus sucked compared my 1990 camry. worse mileage, worse handling, and much more expensive. the only better part was the electric windows and locks on the ford. hell my camry had a cd player and it was 14 years older.

I've heard the opposite... that the IS is expensive as fuck to fix. Guess they were wrong. My sister had an old LS 400 that was really expensive to fix. I'm actually hoping to acquire my grandmothers LS 400 soon.... I need it because Maxine is dying on me.

http://www.dryridgetoyota.com/certi...ta-Camry-0b84c6570a0a0065000c9a54464df69a.htm
there^^^^

looks good to me and will easily get another 200,000 miles.

what other car are comparing it to? off the top of my head are the altima, malibu, fusion, and mazda 6. the fusion is pretty, especially that electric blue or whatever it's called, but my 2004 taurus sucked compared my 1990 camry. worse mileage, worse handling, and much more expensive. the only better part was the electric windows and locks on the ford. hell my camry had a cd player and it was 14 years older.

I would never pay $21k for a Camry with 36k miles.

Well of course not but its loaded and i know the sales manager or whatever manager he is now. I was simply showing how that camry looks for comparison

Lexus are great cars. Very reliable and not hard to maintain. Like my father always said. "Love your car and it will love you back". Always be on top of the fluids and your car will run great.

And yes, every now and then crap will happen so try to read up on your car as much as you can. Learn about it and you'll see that keeping your car running good is actually very fun.

I joined a forum called s2ki that is for s2000's so that way I can always ask for help on jobs that can be done by your self.

Avoid mechanics!

Lexus is cheaper to maintain than the other 2 luxury brands. You don't need synthetic oil and can use Toyota parts.

This is correct, unless you have to replace cosmetic parts like trim panels, accessories or exterior parts.. those tend to be exclusive to Lexus vehicles and thus more expensive.

But like others said, don't abuse the car and you should be golden.

*sub-par.

The engine is sub par to many of its competitors, getting lower horsepower as well as lower mileage.

The exterior is tacky and cheap looking, looks like a car that you'd see in the mid 2000's, not 2012+. Overall its bad, but side profile for the car is especially awful, no curves or lines whatsoever. Just flat.

Interior is ok, but still behind the competitors. Both design and quality is behind.

Toyota dropped the ball hard on their newer models. They may still be the best seller now, but they're losing market share, and for a reason.

Its not that the Camry is a bad car, it's just that it doesn't do anything better than the competitor. Nothing at all.

sorry i just made up the word "supar" as in "superior" and I meant it to be the opposite of "subpar". I make shit up

Back