Dean Williams "Welsh Road Warrior" vs Ron Boddie Boxing

Tough fight. Seems like he might have had a speed advantage, but you were putting some heat on your punches, especially to the body. What is your opinion on the fight's conclusion? Do you think there were any adjustments you could have made?

Got your message brother! Forgive me as aim new on Sherdog! Great advice! I fought this fight with my nose totally collapsed after first couple punches! Couldn't breathe out of neither nostril lol, I didn't get the decision but I won the battle! What I would have done different lol not have such hard sparing before the fight with Larry Holmes! Which weakened my nose lol, I didn't get mad at the stoppage even though I was winning, I thought they were going to go to score cards because the cut was from clash of heads in Rd 5, but God has other plans lol, hey man I came to this country with nothing but a bag, and went on to be in the ring with legends that I would watch on my tv back in my home in Wales while kneeling on the floor lol, even got picked to be in the movie Creed2 and work along side my idol Sly aka Rocky! So wins losses at the end of the day I have always lived my life on faith, had to no family just me in another country trying to make a career and name for myself! So everything is God's plan and aim just thankful to be alive and talking to you! God Bless

What you going to do right, get angry mad and frustrated! It isn't going to change nothing! You all seen a tough fight great fight! Takes two to make that happen! Respect to Ron we have been good friends since the fight! He knows who won the battle and so do I lol! It was all Gods plan!! God Bless

Got your message brother! Forgive me as aim new on Sherdog! Great advice! I fought this fight with my nose totally collapsed after first couple punches! Couldn't breathe out of neither nostril lol, I didn't get the decision but I won the battle! What I would have done different lol not have such hard sparing before the fight with Larry Holmes! Which weakened my nose lol, I didn't get mad at the stoppage even though I was winning, I thought they were going to go to score cards because the cut was from clash of heads in Rd 5, but God has other plans lol, hey man I came to this country with nothing but a bag, and went on to be in the ring with legends that I would watch on my tv back in my home in Wales while kneeling on the floor lol, even got picked to be in the movie Creed2 and work along side my idol Sly aka Rocky! So wins losses at the end of the day I have always lived my life on faith, had to no family just me in another country trying to make a career and name for myself! So everything is God's plan and aim just thankful to be alive and talking to you! God Bless
Awesome stuff, Dean. Keep the stories coming! There are lots of fans of combat sports here on Sherdog who love to hear about the nitty gritty of the game. Too bad the forum gets a little weird on fight nights, and sometimes threads like this fall down the page, so people miss out on some cool stories. Thanks for hanging out on Sherdog.

Edit: How much does that affect a fighter's game having their nose plugged up from damage? Is it worth it to spar less in order to keep a fighter's health in better shape? This is a question that comes up in MMA from time to time. What is the most important thing you learned from training with Holmes? Also, I would love to hear some stories about working with Stallone. I am an aspiring writer myself, and I think Stallone has written some good stories. I am a fan. Any pics from the set?
Edit#2: You have to hit the red "Reply" button if you want your comment to respond to someone, like you were responding to me here. These old forums are a little less user friendly than some of the newer platforms, I think. I still like the old style, however.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff, Dean. Keep the stories coming! There are lots of fans of combat sports here on Sherdog who love to hear about the nitty gritty of the game. Too bad the forum gets a little weird on fight nights, and sometimes threads like this fall down the page, so people miss out on some cool stories. Thanks for hanging out on Sherdog.

Edit: How much does that affect a fighter's game having their nose plugged up from damage? Is it worth it to spar less in order to keep a fighter's health in better shape? This is a question that comes up in MMA from time to time. What is the most important thing you learned from training with Holmes? Also, I would love to hear some stories about working with Stallone. I am an aspiring writer myself, and I think Stallone has written some good stories. I am a fan. Any pics from the set?
Edit#2: You have to hit the red "Reply" button if you want your comment to respond to someone, like you were responding to me here. These old forums are a little less user friendly than some of the newer platforms, I think. I still like the old style, however.
Amen it was a place I hadn't been with my nose being totally celled off! But I have allot of experience in tough fights growing up in Wales, fought all my fights in Wales with no head gear! Also when I fought in Australia tough serkit of fights! Guess it showed aim a fighter and never quit is my moto! Training with Larry Holmes is another story for its self! All I can say not bad for a kid from a small mining town in Wales Merthyr, to come to this country alone with dreams! That if you truly believe in yourself you will go make happen at any cost! God Bless

Back