Deals with Thai gym owners

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by 206warrior, Sep 2, 2010.

1. 206warrior

206warrior Purple Belt

I read a couple of times around the forums that some gym owners in thailand will give you a room for free if you fight for their gym, and they get 75% of your purse. Is this true? what gyms have a reputation of doing this?

2. daydreamcomics

daydreamcomics Orange Belt

that's cool they put you up and what not but 75% not = free

if you're asking because your headed that way and you're a fighter...all the best to you. best of luck

3. AllAboutTheGame

AllAboutTheGame Banned Banned

yah n i hope u can use the claws u got there...
    otherwise u'll get ur ass kick bad! lol

4. Blazen

Blazen Blue Belt

you can get a beachside room in thailand for about $3 a day
    the training is anywhere from 5-10 bucks for about 6 hours (3hr in the morning 3hr in the evening) a day, but that could probably be bargained down

things are dirt cheap there

5. Sanchoy

Sanchoy muay thai ownage

Most gym owners will determine if you are marketable and will bring in money. Most of the time they will pit you up against a retired old champ/ or trainer to test your abilities. If you do well, then they will put money on you/ or even against you.

To put it bluntly: you will only get a chance if you bring the gym money. If the owner likes you, you might get paid 50% depending on how good your match went. You can also bet on yourself, and go all in. That way you get some money$ to spend on the side.

Big reputable gyms will not likely take you in. You have to work your way there. Find a small gym and beat people up. Make a name for yourself. Big gyms will come looking for you if you are good.

Most farang who train in thailand, pay to train, instead of being owned by a gym. The only time you want to be own by gym, is when you have no money to pay to train.

If you want to be a professional fighter in thailand, Find a gym, train hard, when your money run out ask the owner to let you live there and split the purse.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. whitesport

whitesport Brown Belt

You rarely get one day/two sessions for under 500 Baht (which should be around 15 US $), even at non-tourist places. Lemme guess, your last stay was in the 80s?

7. Payak

Payak Brown Belt Professional Fighter

you would need to show real potential.
    the camp is a business first and foremost.

8. martiallist

martiallist White Belt

Beachside room for $3 a day? I'm no Thailand Expert, been there only 3 times but I doubt you can get a room anywhere in thailand for $3 (about 100baht). Even the tuktuk rides cost more than that. lol

9. c0r1nth14n

c0r1nth14n Blue Belt

I haven't trained in Thailand but I spent a week there in July and uh, I think your information about prices in Thailand is a bit outdated

10. miko

miko White Belt

Fighitng Spirit in Bangkok was giving away free training and accomodation for people willing to clean the gym and fight.

Not sure if he does it anymore.

11. SAIPULTURA

SAIPULTURA Soon Enough !!!

I want to go Thailand.

12. Sok Ti

Sok Ti White Belt

yeah you can. i was paying 80 for mine, but i was staying for a long time. 3 months plus. I know rooms even cheaper than that too. about 1700 a month. the cheapest ive seen just rooms to book for 1 night is 200 baht. 6 bucks.

But yeah...unless you are staying in a hammok i don't know where you are finding 3 dollar rooms on the beach.