Dealing with your favourite fighters facing each other

Man, i know the feeling! Conor is my favourite fighter but Aldo's highlights are what brought me to MMA! Aldo vs McGregor is gonna be a BEAST of a match-up!! I'm so hyped for it!!! Woohoo!

I'm backing Conor though. I like that dream of his and I think if both of them fought to there fullest potential Conor would eventually knock Aldo out, anyday. But i love Aldo too! And if he surprises me, especially if Conor is at the top of his game, then I'll be happily surprised! So it's sort of a win/win situation for my favourite vs favourite.

Sadly though I'm nervous that Conor won't fight at his full potential. And if either of them don't fight to their full potential it'll be a little sad.

But favourite vs favourite is all good. Just pick a most favourite and appreciate both fighters.

Your avatar says otherwise

4664-ooooh.gif

Almost all of my favourites have fought each other. The only one that really tore me was Aldo and the Zombie. Shogun/Hendo was hard to watch as was Fedor/Hendo.

I generally root for the one who's career would be more damaged by a loss. I really got to stop liking fighters who are 1-2losses away from getting fired...

i dont think two guys have fought where i didn't want one to win more than the other, sure there are matches where i like both guys, but i just root for the one i like more.

For me the worst part is when the match is announced, because you know only one of them can further their career and the other has to restart their arduous climb up the proverbial ladder.

I pray for a controversial split decision in which each fighter is equally damaged or equally unhurt.

Also, I go by who's career is more in jeopardy...depending.

Its simple. Bet money on one, and root for the other. Its a win win.

I too have to pick one for entertainment purposes but I just hope they both do their thing. It sucks when one completely out classes the other

Its difficult in some situations. Diaz v Silva is going to be unbearable for me however it transpires

Sucks to see one lose but at least one wins! For upcoming I have Miesha vs Sara & Brown vs Hendricks... Like all four a lot. Either or is fine for with the WBW fight then i'd prefer Matt to beat Johny.

I'm a grown man, that's how I deal with it.

Haha, this! :icon_lol:

I could care less if my favourite fighters are fighting eachother. My favorite fighters in each division would be

john dodson
dominick cruz
aldo, frankie edger
edson barboza, khabib nurmagomedov, donald cerrone
GSP, Matt Brown, Rick story
Anderson silva, yoel romero
Wanderlei Silva, chuck liddell
cain velasquez, JDS

having this issue dealing with the Silva/Diaz fight...rooting for Diaz but damn I'll feel bad for Silva if he loses. Machida/Couture was prolly the fight where I cared as much for both fighters and I just couldn't bring myself to watch it live lol.

I usually root for whoever has more to gain from athe win.

Jds lost some fan points for his carwin and hunt fights.

Ha just realised i only like heavy handed HWs and the faves outside of Hw are not known for power strikes.

Jones vs Shogun and GSP vs Condit were most recent examples. I didn't pick JJ/Shogun but I did favor GSP over Condit as he's my absolute favorite fighter. Looks to happen again for me soon with Aldo/McGregor but I'll probably not pick a side and just look to enjoy the fight.

Back