Dealing with haunted/cursed paintings?

I wasn't at all being hostile or antagonistic. And, if you interpreted it that way, my apologies.
We've had our differences in the past but I didn't take those into consideration when replying. In fact, I'll even go so far as to apologize for the heated exchange that we got into last time. I had confused you with another Sherdog member that is also a red belt who espoused some ideas regarding underage females that I found offensive & I inadvertently blamed you for it. A situation that got out of control & it wasn't until just recently that I realized that you & said, individual, weren't the same.
As far as the painting are concerned, they are, indeed, rather interesting. I don't personally believe that they're "cursed" in any way but I do believe that the artists were able to affect the painting's viewers in strange, interesting though non-supernatural ways.

Appreciated and believe me before that we had a friendly chat on the Korean crime thread a while back before the heated exchange in the other one, hence I was more confused than offended since it was so out of character. I actually thought it is like a username persona since it has sweet violent.

So regarding the paintings and esoteric, I have a bit of a different take on these things. To explain better is, well first you have the regular ghost hunting crowd who will say things like " oh yes, evil ghost henry lives in this item and they will come out at 3 am to harass you" They will say things like this like its 100 percent the truth without the willingness to change their mind or they will always have an excuse when they are wrong.

While myself I will look at an object and my idea of it being supernatural is not so much a conscious entity like a ghost or a demon but rather I look at it from a perspective of an "energy order". Like the saying goes, you can cut the tension with the knife. Now my explanation for my belief in "energy odor" is that I used to work as a concierge and security guard in a residential building. Often times I would get a call from residents if I could go up to their unit to retrieve their belonging and bring it downstairs in the concierge office for quick pick up or friend coming in to pick something up like a, key, or a ticket for a hockey game or an online order or anything that is packed in a suitcase.

In some of these retreats I would go in to the empty unit and I could feel the misery. Like there is a tension in the air. Unlike a bad odor that nose tends to detect I just got this uncomfortable feeling and each and every time I got this feeling, it turns out some domesticated shit went down or a big fist fight or some big release of negative emotions stemming from an affair. I would often times find out about it the next day so when I went for retrieving, I know nothing other than following the request of tenants.

Now going back to the painting, when I look at a painting my idea of it being cursed is the fact that the painting was in some ways effected by some bad energy. Either by an evil artist ( decent movie title maybe?) or it was hanged in a house with lots of bad shit going down for prolong period of time that may have taken some residual of bad energy.

In conclusion, my idea of esoteric is not so much ghosts or a demon or anything that is like a human but like a form of an echo and an odor lingering. That being said I am also not married to my idea of the odor/echo of good/bad energy being embeded in a painting. One last thing is, if I am talking to someone in a person and if I feel they have an ounce of paranoia or are emotional imbalance and lack of grasp with reality, I will fiercely avoid this subject so their mental health is not going to be compromised. Even if I end up believing in ghosts/entities. I say this because a guy I knew was having panic attacks and anxiety which can be present in a form of intrusive thoughts and he was convinced a "demon" entered his mind but in reality he was having intrusive thoughts and panic attacks which the cure is understanding the nature of various mental/psychological angst which the understanding of it will elevate the discomforting symptoms.

Appreciated and believe me before that we had a friendly chat on the Korean crime thread a while back before the heated exchange in the other one, hence I was more confused than offended since it was so out of character. I actually thought it is like a username persona since it has sweet violent.

So regarding the paintings and esoteric, I have a bit of a different take on these things. To explain better is, well first you have the regular ghost hunting crowd who will say things like " oh yes, evil ghost henry lives in this item and they will come out at 3 am to harass you" They will say things like this like its 100 percent the truth without the willingness to change their mind or they will always have an excuse when they are wrong.

While myself I will look at an object and my idea of it being supernatural is not so much a conscious entity like a ghost or a demon but rather I look at it from a perspective of an "energy order". Like the saying goes, you can cut the tension with the knife. Now my explanation for my belief in "energy odor" is that I used to work as a concierge and security guard in a residential building. Often times I would get a call from residents if I could go up to their unit to retrieve their belonging and bring it downstairs in the concierge office for quick pick up or friend coming in to pick something up like a, key, or a ticket for a hockey game or an online order or anything that is packed in a suitcase.

In some of these retreats I would go in to the empty unit and I could feel the misery. Like there is a tension in the air. Unlike a bad odor that nose tends to detect I just got this uncomfortable feeling and each and every time I got this feeling, it turns out some domesticated shit went down or a big fist fight or some big release of negative emotions stemming from an affair. I would often times find out about it the next day so when I went for retrieving, I know nothing other than following the request of tenants.

Now going back to the painting, when I look at a painting my idea of it being cursed is the fact that the painting was in some ways effected by some bad energy. Either by an evil artist ( decent movie title maybe?) or it was hanged in a house with lots of bad shit going down for prolong period of time that may have taken some residual of bad energy.

In conclusion, my idea of esoteric is not so much ghosts or a demon or anything that is like a human but like a form of an echo and an odor lingering. That being said I am also not married to my idea of the odor/echo of good/bad energy being embeded in a painting. One last thing is, if I am talking to someone in a person and if I feel they have an ounce of paranoia or are emotional imbalance and lack of grasp with reality, I will fiercely avoid this subject so their mental health is not going to be compromised. Even if I end up believing in ghosts/entities. I say this because a guy I knew was having panic attacks and anxiety which can be present in a form of intrusive thoughts and he was convinced a "demon" entered his mind but in reality he was having intrusive thoughts and panic attacks which the cure is understanding the nature of various mental/psychological angst which the understanding of it will elevate the discomforting symptoms.
Very interesting ideas. They very much remind me of a film that I saw years ago called THE STONE TAPE. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Tape

Lol, not at the supernatural, but that this is such an easy fix

More than likely it’s just a regular painting, but if a demon or ghost or whatever manifests, just use the name of Jesus and send that thing on it’s way

No special spells, candles, seances, priests, etc

Just the name of Jesus .

Very interesting ideas. They very much remind me of a film that I saw years ago called THE STONE TAPE. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Tape

Damn I am reading the wiki and its crazy I didn't even know there was ghost hunters in the early 70s. I thought it was a sub-culture that came to being because of the Blair witch project and ghost busters.

One thing I need to mention slightly off topic is, I used to have this idiotic boxing trainer that was very esoteric. His guys weren't doing good in sparring? Blame it on destiny and the fact that they have a different calling.

Meanwhile when I left, I was told by my next boxing trainer who is super rational to correct my form. He recommended a magnificent boxing technician named Ricardo Lopez. By far the most amazing boxer and his undefeated amateur and pro boxing record is the testament of his genius. Granted Ricardo may not be iconic as Muhammad Ali ( rip) colorful and powerful as Mike Tyson or as enchanting as a prime Roy Jones jr but his perfectionism and attention to very basics of boxing is a characteristic worthy of credit that he doesn't get.

I am more on the side of skeptics and I find it funny how in some aspect of life I too tend to believe in things esoteric.

@Clippy 's opinion on this[/QUOTE]

More importantly, what’s Nic Cage’s?

I would like @Clippy 's opinion on this

Just paint happy clouds over them

69866-1024__79768.1511244003.500.659.jpg

Salt, impala, burn old stuff, summon a demon etc.

You enjoy Velvet Buzzsaw? I thought it was ok but a bit too slow for me at times.

I thought it was good, though it could've done without the cgi. The slower parts didn't bother, as it allowed for character development, as the protagonist realized how shallow his world was, and that he essentially had no real friends.

Damn I am reading the wiki and its crazy I didn't even know there was ghost hunters in the early 70s. I thought it was a sub-culture that came to being because of the Blair witch project and ghost busters.

One thing I need to mention slightly off topic is, I used to have this idiotic boxing trainer that was very esoteric. His guys weren't doing good in sparring? Blame it on destiny and the fact that they have a different calling.

Meanwhile when I left, I was told by my next boxing trainer who is super rational to correct my form. He recommended a magnificent boxing technician named Ricardo Lopez. By far the most amazing boxer and his undefeated amateur and pro boxing record is the testament of his genius. Granted Ricardo may not be iconic as Muhammad Ali ( rip) colorful and powerful as Mike Tyson or as enchanting as a prime Roy Jones jr but his perfectionism and attention to very basics of boxing is a characteristic worthy of credit that he doesn't get.

I am more on the side of skeptics and I find it funny how in some aspect of life I too tend to believe in things esoteric.

"Finito" Lopez was a fantastic fighter in his day!
It's funny that you should bring him up because I was supposed to fight American actor-turned-pro-boxer Mickey Rourke on the undercard of Lopez's title defense vs Japan's Rocky Lin in Korakuen Hall back in October of 1992. Unfortunately, Rourke's management got ahold of a tape of me knocking out Bill Robinson in my previous fight & pulled him out of the fight. It was one of the biggest disappointments of my career. I know that I'd have beaten him which would have paved the way for me to get more fights vs bigger name opponents which would have paid a lot more than I was used to making per fight.
But, there was no way that they were putting Rourke in with a live body like me. In fact, I remember being shocked that they signed the contract & the boxing press of the day was as well. Alas, I think they just used me & my name in an attempt to get favorable press. In retrospect, I don't think that they ever intended to really fight me. But, at least I got half of my $1500.00 purse. Which was damn good for a scheduled 4 rounder.
Still, I could have fought in the fabled Korakuen Hall which would have been a dream come true.

"Finito" Lopez was a fantastic fighter in his day!
It's funny that you should bring him up because I was supposed to fight American actor-turned-pro-boxer Mickey Rourke on the undercard of Lopez's title defense vs Japan's Rocky Lin in Korakuen Hall back in October of 1992. Unfortunately, Rourke's management got ahold of a tape of me knocking out Bill Robinson in my previous fight & pulled him out of the fight. It was one of the biggest disappointments of my career. I know that I'd have beaten him which would have paved the way for me to get more fights vs bigger name opponents which would have paid a lot more than I was used to making per fight.
But, there was no way that they were putting Rourke in with a live body like me. In fact, I remember being shocked that they signed the contract & the boxing press of the day was as well. Alas, I think they just used me & my name in an attempt to get favorable press. In retrospect, I don't think that they ever intended to really fight me. But, at least I got half of my $1500.00 purse. Which was damn good for a scheduled 4 rounder.
Still, I could have fought in the fabled Korakuen Hall which would have been a dream come true.

Sorry for late response. You mentioned Bill Robinson and I thought it was Steve Robinson and just like that, I was binge watching Naseem Hamed. Sucks about not getting the Mickey fight. I actually am a big fan of Japanese boxers and Canadian boxers ( my country) and I like watching national fights since you get to see different levels between local, national and world class and what it takes to evolve.

This is a fun fight to watch:

One thing that is amazing about boxing is, there are some guys that get tracked down by reporters who are avid boxing fans. Some folks who were godly in the amateur or beginning of pro never make it to the top and never become well known and sometimes its different reason ranging from tragic happenings like drugs or terrible events to passion fizzling out or sometimes, they become bad mofos in a different aspect of life.

Sorry for late response. You mentioned Bill Robinson and I thought it was Steve Robinson and just like that, I was binge watching Naseem Hamed. Sucks about not getting the Mickey fight. I actually am a big fan of Japanese boxers and Canadian boxers ( my country) and I like watching national fights since you get to see different levels between local, national and world class and what it takes to evolve.

This is a fun fight to watch:

One thing that is amazing about boxing is, there are some guys that get tracked down by reporters who are avid boxing fans. Some folks who were godly in the amateur or beginning of pro never make it to the top and never become well known and sometimes its different reason ranging from tragic happenings like drugs or terrible events to passion fizzling out or sometimes, they become bad mofos in a different aspect of life.

That was a hell of a fight. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Robinson. Now there's a fighter that I haven't thought about in a long time. He had quite an interesting career. I love rags to riches fighters like him & Freddie Pendleton who lost a lot of fights early on in their careers but rebounded to win world titles.

Stay away from them. The more you’re with them the worst the haunting experience will be.

How so?

Anyway to tame it's nature/energy?
Your mood and those exposed to the haunted possession will start to change. Elevated levels of anxiety, anger and frustration. I'd get rid of that thing before its too late. I'm not sure how to tame the haunted spirit.

Back