Dealing with a training partner who gets choked unconscious repeatedly (long read)

Man why would you not tap? Is it an ego thing? LOL I always wait a little while to tap just in case my opponents gives up but never till I'm out. What belt level is he? I'm a stripe white belt.

The couple of times that I've been put in a similar situation and choked out a training partner (both by RNC so it was kind of hard to tell they were going out), they made awfully strange choking noises and such, which I felt pretty bad about it. So I can sympathize with your problem man

When he's out, get the entire gym to teabag him. That'll teach 'em

Let's just hope the guy that likes to be choked unconscious isn't the guy with "Nosferatu" as his nickname.. :p

So why would you choke out your training partners?

Victories don't count in class, so just let the fuck go and attempt another submission. You both know you had it, you don't have to prove it like a douchebag.

I think it can fuck your subs.

With guys that dont tap you never are sure if your subs sink 100% and maybe you are letting go half assed subs.

It even happened to Kimura when he faced Helio he let go the choke cause Helio half passed with his yes open,so yes it can happen.

School is practice and tapping is the way to feedback your partner.

The guys needs to tap or get choked out.

Back