Crime Deadly gun Attack on French Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on the opposite side, of the 1/4th of the human population.
There are people that are pretty stupid/insane... and use the religion as a cause.

So if it is used wrong, the religion is to blame.
When they do something right, they are using "human instincts" right

Islam is a flawed, false cult. That is the fact. Muslims still have instincts of what is right and wrong despite what their books teach.

Islam is essentially trying to resurrect a failed Old Testament system borrowing from the Torah. It never worked, and it can never work on planet earth. The end.

Islam is a flawed, false cult. That is the fact. Muslims still have instincts of what is right and wrong despite what their books teach.

Islam is essentially trying to resurrect a failed Old Testament system borrowing from the Torah. It never worked, and it can never work on planet earth. The end.

So when the muslims do something good you dismiss it as something that has nothing to do with their religion.
If they do something bad, it is all to be blamed by their religion.

Christianity is the realization that we live in an imperfect world. People are imperfect. The type of Old Testament Torah never did, and never could work. That's the difference.

Yep.

Summary of the Pentateuch: "Here's what you have to do."

Summary of the rest of the OT: "You're not doing it right!"

Summary of the NT: "That will never work. Just do this instead."

Summary of Western Civilization since the NT: "New way seems to be working out a lot better. Occasionally we try to go back to the old way, and it's a disaster (worst abuses of the medieval Catholic Church, etc.)"

So when the muslims do something good you dismiss it as something that has nothing to do with their religion.
If they do something bad, it is all to be blamed by their religion.

I would relate the good works to good insincts which all humans understand at a basic level.

There are some good things written in the Hadiths and Qur'an. Unfortunately there are many bad things written with equal value to islamic teaching side by side. You know the saying that the best lies have some truth to them?

I would relate the good works to good insincts which all humans understand at a basic level.

There are some good things written in the Hadiths and Qur'an. Unfortunately there are many bad things written with equal value to islamic teaching side by side. You know the saying that the best lies have some truth to them?

Religion as a whole.
I don't really like religion but I can see how the media goes with blaming everything that some insane minority does, it speaks loudly.
But as someone with that same religion does a good deed, it is dismissed as nothing to to with religion, as your take was on the story of the muslim that saved the jews in the shop.

offcourse it can work......humans are adaptable and any system can work. People act like humanity have not lived without democracy before.

Religion as a whole.
I don't really like religion but I can see how the media goes with blaming everything that some insane minority does, it speaks loudly.
But as someone with that same religion does a good deed, it is dismissed as nothing to to with religion, as your take was on the story of the muslim that saved the jews in the shop.

He did a good deed and was heroic. I wouldn't relate it Islam. I would relate it to the compulsion all humans have that they can listen to or not. That is enough.

He did a good deed and was heroic. I wouldn't relate it Islam. I would relate it to the compulsion all humans have that they can listen to or not. That is enough.

Had he done a bad deed, would you relate it to Islam?

Source: Terror sleeper cells 'activated' in France
Sat January 10, 2015

French law enforcement officers have been told to erase their social media presence and to carry their weapons at all times because terror sleeper cells have been activated over the last 24 hours in the country, a French police source who attended a briefing Saturday told CNN terror analyst Samuel Laurent.

It was one of a flurry of developments Saturday, including reporting in a French-language magazine that brothers Cherif and Said Kouachi had been under watch by the French, but despite red flags, authorities there lost interest in them.

L'Express national security reporter Eric Pelletier shared with CNN details of his story, for which he talked to multiple French officials.

Tipped off by U.S. intelligence agencies that Said Kouachi may have traveled to Yemen in July, France placed him under surveillance in November 2011 but terminated the scrutiny in June 2014 when French security services deemed him no longer dangerous, officials told Pelletier.

The surveillance of his brother Cherif terminated at the end of 2013 when his phone calls suggested he had disengaged with violent extremism and was focused on counterfeiting clothing and shoes.

A U.S. official told CNN's Barbara Starr that Said Kouachi's 2011 travel lasted three or more months and that he is believed to have trained with al Qaeda in Yemen during that period.

French intelligence officials believe there is a strong probability Cherif Kouachi also traveled to Yemen for a short trip in 2011, separately from his brother, Pelletier's sources told him.

A Yemeni journalist and researcher, Mohammed al-Kibsi, told CNN that he had met and spoken with Said Kouachi in Yemen in 2011 and 2012.

But al-Kibsi, who said he met the man twice, said Said Kouachi was in Yemen most of 2011. Kouachi first went there in 2009 and stayed until mid-2010 before leaving briefly and returning at the end of that year, according to al-Kibsi.

Kouachi entered Yemen multiple times with an officially issued visa, a senior Yemeni national security official told CNN.

"Said was not being watched during the duration of his stay in Yemen because he was not on the watch list," said the official, adding that, at the time, Yemen's Western allies had not raised concerns about Kouachi. The official did not specify when the visits took place.

Kouachi, who was studying Arabic grammar, and underwear bomber Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab previously were roommates for one to two weeks in Yemen's capital, Sanaa, living in the same small apartment, al-Kibsi said. AbdulMutallab is serving a life sentence for trying to bring down a Northwest airlines flight over Detroit on Christmas in 2009 with an underwear bomb.

Kouachi's residence was very near to the famous Al-Tabari School and he and AbdulMutallab used to pray together there, said al-Kibsi by telephone Saturday. It wasn't clear when they were roommates, but AbdulMutallab was arrested after the 2009 bombing attempt.

There has been no official confirmation of the claim that he and AbdulMutallab were associates.

The Kouachi brothers, who authorities say carried out Wednesday's deadly attack in the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, were killed Friday in a shootout with French security forces outside of Paris.

France, meanwhile, continues to cope with three days of terror that left 17 people dead. Thousands gathered on the streets for vigils Saturday and hundreds of thousands were expected at massive rallies Sunday, along with heads of state and other dignitaries.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/europe/charlie-hebdo-paris-shooting/

I suppose France's colonization of Muslims for 100 years and their massacring of thousands in Algeria had nothing to do with it.

It does obviously . During 1995 a lot of jihad bombing in paris were related to the GIA , some algerian terror squad , ancestor of al quaeda and co ...

False cult would mean it's legitimate.
What religion is true? Theyre all phonies.

Last edited:
It's troll-like to tell someone unless they comply with gour checklist then they can't define themselves a certain way. It's being a pest

That's just my opinion.

You obviously find it hard to deal with someone who has a different opinion to your own so that's why you basically lower yourself to name calling.
If someone disagrees with you, calling them a troll or ignorant or whatever is just silly and it's the equivilent to saying "quick, look over there" and then running away during a debate.

I was thinking, would there be a solidarity with Westboro movement if they were killed? Dim some lights somewhere? Of course not.

Also imagine this little scenario.

If the Westboro movement had an even more extremist side which went around murdering people.
Then heads of the Westboro movement came out saying "we condemn these actions, we are not about terrorism".

Does anyone honestly think people would say "oh well, they condemn it, so they must be telling the truth and are as much against it as us" ??

Because when an Islamic head comes out to condemn terrorist attacks, we're all meant to be 100% sure that it's completely fine.

Personally i'd be interested to see what their views are behind closed doors.
Also, public statements like that are often only made because people are forced into doing it.
If a politician makes a public statement denying something, nobody believes them.

What religion is true? Theyre all phonies.

Screw you, pal! The Jedi Order is legit!

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force!

The Jedi church has been growing around the world. In England it's the seventh-largest religion with 175,000 members. There are 15,000 Jedi in the Czech republic, 9,000 in Canada and 65,000 in Australia.

My argument is that you should take it literally, if you don't then you are a fake Christian or a fake Muslim.
Which is a GREAT thing because that means less people going around murdering people because of the religion.

Too many self proclaimed religious people just pick and choose from their holy books.
People who do that should find another hobby.

Some scripture isn't literal, such as parables and spiritual metaphors.
When people talk about "taking scripture literally", but actually mean scripture mining for out-of-context verses which appear to support their personal politics and prejudice, then who is picking or choosing?
The most "extreme" Christians and Muslims actually aren't those that take the simplest and most literal approach to scripture.
For instance the most out-there of Charismatic Pentecostals, the Dominionists interpretation of Genesis, groups which emphasize the end-times and a particular eschatology or those that look to an entirely metaphorical interpretation based on "types and shadows".
Likewise it's the Muslims who "pick and choose" in regards to the Quran (9:5 especially) and abrogation, or which hadiths they credit, which have the most violent, repressive and aggressive interpretation of Islam.
It's a mistake to simply blame scripture and literalism.

Last edited:
Had he done a bad deed, would you relate it to Islam?

If he had done a bad deed and did not claim he did it for Islamic reasons then no reason to relate it to Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back