Deadlifting, ripped calluses and grip

:icon_conf That would not be the correct term to use here.

Also, why is it a viable solution for everyday people?

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you. For most people it is a vanity issue. I think the gloves do add another degree of difficulty and since I am diabetic it takes longer for cuts and ripped calluses to heal. I just prefer the gloves because I was ripping open calluses and unless I took a lot of time off from deadlifting they never fully healed.

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you. For most people it is a vanity issue. I think the gloves do add another degree of difficulty and since I am diabetic it takes longer for cuts and ripped calluses to heal. I just prefer the gloves because I was ripping open calluses and unless I took a lot of time off from deadlifting they never fully healed.

Well I haven't seen you around much so I guess the sarcasm went over my head. Have you tried maintaining the calluses? That can help with the tearing and ripping.

Proper care of your calluses will make tears very rare.

Proper care of your calluses will make tears very rare.

I appreciate the advice but I will pass. I am not going to maintain something if I can avoid them almost entirely. It really isn't worth it for me.

^ You sound really gay you no that right?

Yeah I'm a really big ***got. But at least I can spell words like know asshat. All I was saying is gloves are fine with me. I am progressing at a good rate for me. I don't give a fuck what anyone, especially speak and spell geniuses like u, think about it.

Don't use gloves TS. Be a man. Don't use straps either. Grip won't limit you if you're doing over/under.

Wow, lot of personal insults. Simmer down KMisajet.

What makes you say this?

Rack pulls are a much better option and grip strength is usually not an issue for people pulling less than 700 or 800lbs. The reason beginners sometimes do run into grip issues is because they follow programs that have them pulling for too many reps and too many sets, and they are also not using chalk. And if you are at the level where grip strength is an issue, few experienced lifters would recommend a double overhand grip as a means of solving it; it just doesn't carry over very well.

Using gloves is like using the squat tampon you see people who can't squat use. Oh it hurts my neck.

Yeah I'm a really big ***got. But at least I can spell words like know asshat. All I was saying is gloves are fine with me. I am progressing at a good rate for me. I don't give a fuck what anyone, especially speak and spell geniuses like u, think about it.

I may have shit grammar but it still dont change the fact there is no real reason to use gloves.

I'm wondering if the TS is using a bar with really sharp knurling? As to the gloves thing, it might be a limiting factor in your future lifting when your grip won't match your deadlifting ability. It could easily be avoided, but in the end I suppose it's really about your comfort concerning your personal health problems... but based on that using gloves for yourself is really a special case and not really something you should be recommending to others who don't have the same condition in my opinion.

I may have shit grammar but it still dont change the fact there is no real reason to use gloves.

What I was insinuating is that someone with your level of intelligence isn't an authority on anything. I explained in earlier posts how I'm diabetic and this means that I have longer heal times when calluses open up. This can lead to a whole host of problems that are unique to diabetics. Now I'm sure I could get a callus shaver just to pretend that I'm a badass, but for my particular situation it makes sense to avoid them entirely. I am not going to risk infection and other problems just so that I gain acceptance from a group of people I really don't want to belong to.

All that bs being said, I just gave it to the TS as an option. He asked for options and I listed some.

What's important to note here is that, in addition to winning a gold medal 105+ kg weight class in the 2008 olympic games, he's also a Diabetic. And...he's not using gloves.

So just because you have better grammar then me you have a higher authority on things right... Ive never had any problems with calluses tearing also my skin also heals really slow so stop using it as an excuse im sure many people who are diabetic dont use gloves and deal with it just fine.

Edit: As Tosa just showed.

So just because you have better grammar then me you have a higher authority on things right... Ive never had any problem with calluses tearing also my skin also heals really slow so stop using it as an excuse im sure many people who are diabetic dont use gloves and deal with it just fine.

Edit: As Tosa just showed.

You know diabetics who are lifters then? Oh, you were just assuming so you could call me gay for using gloves and finish your point. It's not an excuse it's a fact. Do some reading if you are able to. Instead of sounding like a fucking twelve year old kid educate yourself and realize that for me it isn't worth the risks.

What's important to note here is that, in addition to winning a gold medal 105+ kg weight class in the 2008 olympic games, he's also a Diabetic. And...he's not using gloves.

That is cool. All I said is that as a personal preference it is not worth it for me. For this guy it may be worth it. Nowhere did I ever say that diabetics can't lift without gloves because of their condition. I said that for me it isn't worth it. I didn't expect to be considered a homo just because I play it safe with my health. I don't compete so why should I take risks? So sherdoggers can think I'm a man? So I can add weight to a lift? What would be my motivation?

Back